Cannot enter license key - cryptic error**PIII NOT SUPPORTED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Cannot enter license key - get cryptic error

Does the machine running 3CX have an internet connection? You could try putting in the Demo key first, and see how that goes. You should have received a copy in an email after your 3CX download.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

License errors are cryptic yes unfortunately. We are working on it.

that error in particular means that you cannot access the license server. You might have no internet or you might have a proxy.

You need an internet connection to activate the license.

Can you send me your key via PM so I can double check this out for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mlahrkamp

Thanks for your suggestions. We are indeed connected to the internet as we can make and receive calls through the free version. 3CX has confirmed that they received activation requests, so that leaves why the product on our box is still showing as a free version.

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Since we wanted to do the install/conversion over the past weekend, and were unsuccessful (lost time and $$$), we are at the stage that management here feels that this product may not be 'polished' enough and concerns over what other surprises yet await are being passed.

Mike

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Can you send me a screenshot when you do Right Click Properties on My Computer?

I want to see the CPU Type.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

from our end we wil make license error messages more intuitive.

In this particular case, the Computer is a PIII. In a PIII the cpu does not have the necessary encryption cpu instructions to process 3CX License activation.

We allow 3CX to be installed on a PIII. But when the user comes to the activation point, it will fail. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.