• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot find the 3CXPhone for Android on Market nor download

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjarki.magnusson

Reaction score
Hi,
I've had sem problems finding the 3CXPhone for Andriod, I tried it for the first time in a long time yesterday to install it on an Andriod phone, and I cannot find it on the Andriod Market, I tried the QR code link and also got the link sent to my email and in both and I get the following message on both phones I have tried this download link:" there are no matches in Andriod Market for the search: pname:com.tcx.sip.ui"

I have tried this on both HTC Desire A8181 (andriod version 2.2)
and LG-P500 (android version 2.2)
with the same results, what can be the problem?

My location is in Iceland, could this be a region thing?
I used to be able to download the app a few months ago with no problems but not anymore!?!

thanks

Re: Cannot find the 3CXPhone for Android on Market nor downl

I can locate it, (HTC Desire 2.2), but of course, it tells me I have it installed. Are you looking using 3G or WiFi, not sure it it would make a difference. I'm just wondering if your mobile provider is blocking SIP applications.

I have tried it both on 3G and WiFi, I´ve had some more complaints about this here in Icealand recently and it looks to me to be Region restrictions.

I just heard of one individual here in Iceland that managed to download the phone by running an app that allowed him to choose the region he was downloading from, if this is the case then hopefully this is a mistake that the andriodMarketwhatsimacallitthingy will solve, because I don´t see why this free software should be restricted in some regions and not other.

yes, this could be.

The Android Market is filtering now by device capability (screen res, cam, etc) if this app. could be run on ur device.
secondly it checks the country you are in.
Go to this link https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tcx.sip.ui and log in with ur google account.
click in install and select the device to install it on. with the device is grey then hover over the "?" why.
Some countries are blocked, not registered or even been forgotten by Google to be on the world map...

Also at the time we dont run on 2.3 but working right now on it.

It's not only a region thing it's carriers blocking VOIP apps from their phones so you're not making free calls.

I'm wondering how the carrier blocking would work (GSM/3G phones)? If you had an unlocked phone and inserted another carriers SIM, even if there was no service with that SIM in your country (or it showed as roaming), would you then have access to the formerly "blocked by provider" Apps, over WiFi? Or, is it based on the phones serial number , or something else (Gmail account?), location of IP you are downloading to?

Yes, 3CXPhone dissapear for Ukraine also. Cannot instal via HTC Derise, nor via PC.

But Initially all worked excellent.

Hey! Android Market says, that 3CX closed access to 3CXPhone to many countries!

Hi, I have the same problem here in New York with Verizon Wireless on my Motorola Droid 2 Global phone.. The Android market tells me "There are no matches in Android Market for the search: 3cx"

Does anyone know if this is a carrier based block? That would be strange considering that my phone came with Skype. Is my device (Motorola Droid 2 Global) not supported?

http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-for-android-technical-informations-20489.html#p103085

I had the same problem for the new Toshiba Thrive (Honeycomb 3.1) Market does not show it...
So I went here and downloaded the APP...
http://www.3cx.com/forums/direct-link-to-download-apk-16641.html
And installed it direct, seems to work fine with callcentric.com. Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.