Cannot get 3CX phone out of CTI mode

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GregGMA, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregGMA

Hi,

Using June Beta
    If I change setting to softphone in management console this is not picked up after I restart the softphone

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have not been able to get this to happen in the manner in the instructons.
    http://www.3cx.com/3CXPhone/Windows/Manual/CTI/

Right now I resend the provisioning config file and reapply after I make change in the extension in Admin Console. Obviously not the right way.

Code:
      <UseCTI>true</UseCTI>
    The manual mentions clicking the phone below the logo - which I do not have...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shoults

Hi,

The CTI mode for the phone is still yet not completed and is probably why you are having this issue. Kindly keep up to date with our blog posts with regards to changes made and full functionality. Bear in mind that this is still a BETA and several implementation are yet to be put in place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt.
    Understanding v12 is still BETA... its good we are able to discuss things like this to know if we are all experiencng something or just specific software setups have an issue. Especially when the manual has specific steps to make changes... and those are not leading us down the correct road.
    Looking forward to v12 becoming more stable and released for production use.

5. sbianco

Hi there,

Please keep this post in mind, should you encounter additional issues with the release version.

6. GregGMA

I have now upgraded to the Release Candidate but still have the same problem
    Is this supposed to be fixed in this build?

7. kevin

kevin Member

@GregMA

Hi there

3CX Phone for 3CX Phone System V12 does not yet have the built-in SIP phone enabled, but its coming VERY SOON.

8. 12494

12494 Member

In the RC should I be able to use 3CXPhone to control/dial my deskphone?

Regards,
    Allen

9. kevin

kevin Member

@12494

Yes, it works for me. I am using V12.0.31841.0, so anything from this build onwards should work.

10. tarmeeb

That was a very annoying thing till I have found the solution by trial and error:

1. You are using 3CXPhone V12 as the SIP softphone

What to do :

1. Go to your Extension Settings
    2. Put in an Email Address
    3. Go to 3CXPhone Tab
    4. Choose Default Phone USE : Inbuilt Softphone
    5. Choose Start up Screen : Presence

Now go to the Extensions main screen:

1. Click on the required extension
    2. Click on (Send Welcome Email)
    3. Download and Run the Config File

Enjoy , The trick is setting 3CXPHone to : Inbuilt Softphone/ Presence and having this in the provision file

11. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

A new version of Windows softphone was released, it is not having this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.