Cannot get a VoIP Gateway to register with the 3CX system.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mbehlok, Dec 26, 2006.

1. mbehlok

Hello again,

I cannot get a Zoom 5800 ATA to register with 3CX. I think I have everything configured correctly, yet, in 3CX, the External line never goes green. Does anyone have a Zoom 5800 that is currently working with 3CX? If you would like to take a stab at it, please send me a message and I can give you access to both the ATA and the 3CX management screen.

The Zoom 5800 is a low cost VoIP Gateway and I can see more people using it, if we can get it working. It is a single FXS , single FXO Gateway and only cost me $58 on ebay (Brand New).

Thanks..

2. cjammer

cjammer New Member

Same problem

I just got a grandstream GS-488 ATA today. I am having the dame problem with it. I have gone thru it several times. even with the instuctions I cant seem to get it to work.

Right out of the box with no config, Iwould get a dialtone, but with all my config in it I dont get the disltone now.

I would venture to guess it is simple, but I have yet to find it.

Any help on this one would be great also.

I also got a Grandstream phone BT-102 it has work flawlessly.

3. johndough

Zoom 5801

either one of you 2 had any luck getting those voip gateway going?
    I am looking at getting one or the other real quick.
    thanks

I finally have inbound/outbound through les.net - but my main goal was to get pstn to 3cx.

4. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi, mbehlok

Are you seeing registration attempts coming in to the server on the Status monitor page ?

5. sittsh

I am useing the zoom 5801 as a pstn gateway and it works fine i think it is the same as the 5800 but the 5800 uses a diferent codec.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you reboot the unit?

It might be one of the following"

- IP address or network address entered in PBX for your gateway might not match.
    - Authentication, make sure your line details (if requried on your unit) are correct.

7. williamsjp

Re: Cannot get a VoIP Gateway to register with the 3CX syste

I'm having problems with the 5801 as well, the 3cx server is working fine, my sip mobile can talk to the server without any problems... but my problem is with the 5801 is not registering.

I created it as a generic PSTN, on 10000 set the voip server settings on the 5801 but it is not registering, has anyone got an configuration this i can see? or any suggestions?

Cheers

John

8. sittsh

yes i have got three 5801 and use them as a pstn gateway and it works fine.

do you see the registration trying to connect in the log

9. ktikoft

If you do not need registration on the gateway try disabling it in 3cx, I have a quintum and it does not require registration and I just tick the Do Not Register option. The only issue I then have is that is always Red in 3cx as they have not coded to default it to green when Registration is not required.