• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot Get NAT Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

smccarthy945

Reaction score
I installed 3CX on a Windows box running on XenServer in a ritualized environment. I am currently running another VOIP product using standard ports (5060, 5061, etc) running through the same setup with the same firewall. My existing system obviously works, however, when I try to run the firewall check on 3CX it fails checking the port mappings.

I run an Untangle firewall and use it to NAT ports to other systems without any problem and the 3CX is the 1st system I have had problems mapping ports to. I have followed every document and cannot get the firewall test to pass. When i try to run a client remotely to connect to the system, it will ask me for my username and password for the extension but will never accept the password.

NATing ports through is a very simple process as we do it all the time and I just cannot understand why I am having so many problems getting this to work. I have defined bypass rules in the FW for SIP and have even turned on a SIP helper function on the firewall in an effort to get the packets through.

I would really like to get this working as 3CX looks like a very nice phone system. Will this system work in a virtual environment with NATing ports through? If so, what am I doing wrong or missing here?

Scott

Ok, so I got NAT working after I put in the 1-1 NAT entry. I can now pass the firewall test.

The SIP client I am using is now connecting and asking me for a USERID and PASSWORD and I try to enter the extension 1001 and password and it just keeps coming back and asking for the password. After a while, an error comes back and says "invalid password provided".

The other problem is that i cannot get the email server to work. I have a non-secured local SMTP server and I know it works because I use it for everything. I tried Gmail and others and nothing works. Is this a limit on the eval version?

I am getting close to getting this working and I hope I can fix these last couple issues.

Scott

Ok, disregard. I got everything working!

Can you tell me the 1:1 rule you put in Untangle. i use Untangle for all my firewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.