Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot Get NAT Working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smccarthy945, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smccarthy945

I installed 3CX on a Windows box running on XenServer in a ritualized environment. I am currently running another VOIP product using standard ports (5060, 5061, etc) running through the same setup with the same firewall. My existing system obviously works, however, when I try to run the firewall check on 3CX it fails checking the port mappings.

I run an Untangle firewall and use it to NAT ports to other systems without any problem and the 3CX is the 1st system I have had problems mapping ports to. I have followed every document and cannot get the firewall test to pass. When i try to run a client remotely to connect to the system, it will ask me for my username and password for the extension but will never accept the password.

NATing ports through is a very simple process as we do it all the time and I just cannot understand why I am having so many problems getting this to work. I have defined bypass rules in the FW for SIP and have even turned on a SIP helper function on the firewall in an effort to get the packets through.

I would really like to get this working as 3CX looks like a very nice phone system. Will this system work in a virtual environment with NATing ports through? If so, what am I doing wrong or missing here?

Scott

2. smccarthy945

Ok, so I got NAT working after I put in the 1-1 NAT entry. I can now pass the firewall test.

The SIP client I am using is now connecting and asking me for a USERID and PASSWORD and I try to enter the extension 1001 and password and it just keeps coming back and asking for the password. After a while, an error comes back and says "invalid password provided".

The other problem is that i cannot get the email server to work. I have a non-secured local SMTP server and I know it works because I use it for everything. I tried Gmail and others and nothing works. Is this a limit on the eval version?

I am getting close to getting this working and I hope I can fix these last couple issues.

Scott

3. smccarthy945

Ok, disregard. I got everything working!

4. micro13

Can you tell me the 1:1 rule you put in Untangle. i use Untangle for all my firewalls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.