Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot hear Auto Attendant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mauriceatkinson, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mauriceatkinson

I wonder if someone can help me.

I have the freebie version of 3CX and have setup the auto attendant to answer each incoming call and route the the relevent extension. However when I have a problem as although AA answers the incoming call I cannot hear any audio. I press the relevent dtmf key and I then hear the AA saying "please wait while call is transferred" and the call gets transferred OK.

I have looked at the logs and there is no apparent error messages.

I have listened to the audio file using windows media player and all works OK.

The server I have loaded 3CX does not have windows media player loaded - not sure if this is required or not.

Would appreciate some assistance if possible.

Thanks

2. cyberlex7

Hello,

Are you sure that you have respected correct audio file format ?
    I had this problem because bitrate was too high.

Plase tell us whtat is your exact wav file format

Regards,
    Alex.

3. worksighted

worksighted New Member

I have had issues with recodirng WAV files and having them play back properly. Here is my trick to make sure 3CX is happy with the file ...

I create a dummy extension and register a phone to it. I then use my "voicemail" message to provide me the ability to record my DR prompts. In other words, I call in and record my personal voicemail message as whatever the DR prompt needs to be. I then go into the IVR directory inside 3CX and grab the WAV file it records and use that for the WAV file needed by the DR.

I have had much better luck doing it this way.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.