• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot hear inbound calls or voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kineticcg

Reaction score
Downloaded 3cx VoIP Softphone for windows. Configured it to access my PBX remotely. The phone shows connected and can receive calls. But, if I answer the call, I hear nothing. If I dial out to access voicemail, or call another number, the phone rings, then when there is an answer on the other side, I hear nothing after that. What changes need to be made or what is causing the problem?

Thanks,

well it is not simple,

did you run firewall checker on 3cx?
http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

if there are some FAIL results show us, then we can go on

Have you tried from more that one remote location to eliminate the remote router as the issue?

Is the 3CX phone set for "out of the office" ?

What does the 3CX log show during registration? It should show the remote public IP of the remote router and the port of the 3Cx Phone (usually 5060). If another device on the remote network shares that port number, then you will have problems (if the remote router has a built in ATA).

Be sure that there is no firewall programme running on the PC that is blocking the audio ports.

Did you enable port forwarding on your firwall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.