Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot import extensions in csv

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chris.moses, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris.moses

Hello, I'm building out a new 3CX v14 sp2 system, and I cannot get anything to import correctly. I get the error, "The following rows could not be imported: 2. Either the extension already exists or the row has invalid data.Please review the file and check these rows." whenever I try an import. I'm trying a very simple one extension import based on the csv file created by an export process. I have also compared my file to the sample for v14 on 3CX's site and saved from Excel 2013 to MS-DOS csv and other csv options. I always get the same error. Are there required fields or fields that must be blank? I don't want to include provisioning info since I'm still ordering phones.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is a guide here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/bulk-extension-import/

If you can upload a CSV that throws an error on your system so we can see.
    Generally though, I think Excel has a habit of skipping some commas if you have multiple values blank, so I would recommend doing it with a text editor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.