• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot install 3cx Desktop Components**INVESTIGATION REQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcondria

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i installed 3cx Myphone locally, then tried to install the Desktop Components in order to integrte into Outlook 2007.

but when doing that, this error pops up:

Warning 4154. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) Outlook installed 32 bit prerequisite was not correctly installed. Continue installation of 3cx MyPhone Desktop Components?

Veo

no reason to continue the installation, because it won't work.

Any workarounds?

thanks,

Attachments

• 3cxDesktopComp.PNG
    3cxDesktopComp.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 1,040
Re: Cannot install 3cx Desktop Components

No there is no reason to continue.

What is the OS?
32 or 64?
What outlook is installed on the machine? I guess 2007 because you mentioned it in the post. But then the question is why does your registry tell the windows installer that you have outlook 2010 installed?

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) - this is used when outlook 2010 is installed. No wonder it does not work. It is trying to install a 64 bit prerequisite on a 32 bit machine?

Can you contact me via email [email protected]?

Actually, believe or not, this matter has been fixed short after SP1 of windows 7.
I didn't invest much in finding the problem, because I already had the solution - so I guess I cannot be of much help now.
Try to contact Nick from 3CX, he's eager to help.

Cheers,
Veo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.