Cannot Make A Call?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smccarthy945, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smccarthy945

So I have a trial system running and I have everything working including a connection to our SIP gateway, extensions, firewall test OK, etc. I was able to get the 3CX client connected by emailing the config file and that is online and I was able to get linphone (A third party SIP client) connected and working.

The problem is that when i try to make calls either on the 3CX client or the Linphone client I get errors:

Error on 3CX client:
    The client window shows I am connected but says "CTI - No Phone Connected"
    When i try to make a call I get a pop up that says:
    "An error occurred whilst performing a call. It says I cannot use the FREE version with a phone that does not support CTI"
    "Contact your admin to install a vaiid license"

Error on Standard SIP:
    The client connects perfectly
    "Not Found. 499 - It displays the Windows machine name and says "not found"

All I need to do is get calling working and I am good!

2. smccarthy945

Ok, so I got rid of the error messages and now have a working client. The problem is now that when I try to make a call and dial 8+1xxxxxxx the client makes the call but I don't get any audio and it just sits their dialing forever. It looks like it's trying to make the call but never does.

I am so close to having this working. All I need to do is figure out why the client won't place a call!

Scott

3. smccarthy945

Ok, so now I can dial and the person can answer the call.... but...

When the person answers the call the VOIP phone hangs up almost like the codec isn't handing off or working properly but I am just guessing. So now everything is working except when the person answers the call drops.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Scott

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am assuming the extensions are local extensions, on the same LAN as the 3CX Server.

Start off simple, can you dial *777 from the extensions? This is a test/echo extension. Maybe running a packet capture on the 3CX Server would enlighten you more or even looking at the Activity Log to see why the call is failing.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have a look through the 3CX server logs after a call. Any errors should show quite clearly. You can always post one of the logs if there are any questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.