Cannot make calls if Caller ID field is blank or not 10 digi

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanketgroup, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanketgroup

Hello
    Here i am having complex problem.
    I have setup VoIP trunk line.
    I am not able to make certain calls thru this provider if caller id is blank or not full 10 digits (under Outbound parameters of VoIP trunk settings).

Someone will say that is service provider issue.
    Following two things completely clear that doubt and proves it is not service provide issue.

(1) As i said above, i cannot make calls to many certain numbers. Outgoing calls to few numbers work well.
    If it has problem with VoIP provider then it will not make call on any of dialed number.
    for e.g i cannot make call to 1-800-925-6278 if called id set to null or less then 10 digit in 3cx.
    but can make call to 1-866-978-6819.

(2)with same provider, if i use it directly over xlite and no 3cx in-between and having no caller id set or caller id set to less than 10 digits, all calls works successfully.

Both cases, proves it is not provider who is blocking outbound calls without CID or less than 10 digit CID.
    Outbound calls without CID or full length 10 digits, works on XLite and it also works on 3cx but to certain destination numbers only.
    Pls help why this is happening and what could be the solution.

Most importantly, this issue is happening after upgrading 3cx to 12.5. All same settings were working nicely before in ver.12

Thanx

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Re: Cannot make calls if Caller ID field is blank or not 10

Comparing the two is not necessarily valid. With 3CX you can modify the headers to meet many providers' requirements whereas this is not quite the case with X-Lite. It is likely a case of setting the right field with the correct info so that the provider will accept the call.

The fastest solution may be to contact your provider and have them monitor a failed call (I assume that when you indicated "certain numbers" that the issue is repeatable on demand) and they can advise more so on why it failed and what needs to be done.

If you have the backup of the older version, you could open the backup and possibly find how it was configured earlier and then change the new to match.

Otherwise, please post a wireshark or log of a failed call.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many 800 (toll free numbers) will not accept calls if you do not send, what appears to be, a valid number. After all, they are footing the bill for the call and expect to "see" exactly who you are. From a "regular" phone line you can try, but (in most cases) cannot block your CID to a toll free number. It may be that some numbers you are calling are attempting to match your area-code and prefix, to a database ,to track the location/identity of callers, and if no match is found, the call is rejected.

When using X-Lite, directly with the provider, it may be, that your billing number is being sent. Have you tried a call to another number with a call display?

4. sanketgroup

caller id is set same in both 3cx and xlite.
    For e.g both has 000 in caller id.

If i make call to any number from xlite, receiver side see 000 on their phone.That means xlite does not send billing number.
    Also, i have set nothing under xlite regarding billing number.
    But in case of outgoing call from 3cx with same called id and dialing same number, it gives error tone.

Thanx

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would guess that the called party is receiving something different, in the case of each call, and is choosing to reject the calls from 3CX. Your provider may be able to help in confirming this. You might also try using Wireshark to compare the Invite messages sent from both 3CX and X-lite. That should show you the difference in the two calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.