• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot make internal, incoming, outgoing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech10

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
It worked fine yesterday afternoon...in the process of setting this system up for a client.

Now I am unable to make ANY calls to or from the system, or to/from any extension.

Extension to extension calls - busy signal (not fast busy), calling phone shows "call failed".

Incoming calls - 3CX log shows "not answered", but the extension never rings.

Outgoing calls - busy signal (not fast busy). Calling phone shows "call failed".

Configured an SBC on a remote site yesterday evening, but other than that, I know of nothing that has changed since yesterday.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't find it. Any suggestions?

First make sure all Services are running. Did you do a full restart of the server? Other than the SBC, all other devices/server are on the same LAN?

All services are running except the hotel service, all other devices and server are on the same LAN. I did reboot the server earlier today, and it also rebooted overnight to install some Windows Updates.

Are the extensions and trunks showing as registered? If so, what does an Activity log look like when you place a call? Is it showing at all? Does 3CX attempt to process?

Have you run the 3CX Firewall Checker, perhaps ports are being blocked. If nothing can get to port 5060 on the PBX, then no calls will proceed.

Extensions and trunks are showing as registered. Nothing shows in the activity log except for incoming calls, which show as unanswered.

3CX firewall test passes with all green.

Update: I added port rules to the Windows firewall on the 3CX server. Also had a 3CX server installation on another machine on the same network (test setup), so I removed that as well. A few minutes later, everything started working, so I rebooted the 3CX server. After the reboot, the same original issue again. Rebooted the phones, same thing.

I'm rather stumped.

OK, so after a reboot of the 3CX server, everything stops working.

But after I run the firewall test, everything works as it should.

I rebooted the server, tested (all busy signal). I restarted the 3CX PhoneSystem01 SIP Server, and everything works again now.

So what would cause that?

Could the other 3CX installation, on the same network, have caused some "confusion"?

Possibly, but the issue still exists when the server is rebooted - I need to restart the 3CX SIP Server in order to get things to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.