• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot make international calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImportantIT

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post and I'll start by saying I've never used 3CX before!
I've just taken on a new customer and they've already got a free version of the 3CX software running, and they've asked me to look at why they can't dial international numbers.
I spoke to the VOIP provider (VOIP Unlimited) and they've said they can't see the calls hitting their system, so I've checked the log in 3CX and confirmed this by seeing the messages:

Making routes to <sip:00435xxxxxxxx:192.168.x.x>
Call (19): no known route to target <sip:00435xxxxxxxx:192.168.x.x>
Call (19): attempt to reach <sip:00435xxxxxxxx:192.168.x.x> failed. Reason: Not Found
Call (19): Call is terminated

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Paul

ImportantIT said:
Call (19): no known route to target <sip:00435xxxxxxxx:192.168.x.x>

The way your outbound rules are constructed, is preventing 3CX from routing the call. It doesn't know what to do with the number you are dialling.

Thanks for the reply leejor.
I'm looking at their setup now. There's a single outbound rule for VOIP Unlimited, number length says "10,11", and I've just counted the number of digits in the number they're trying to dial and there's 12 digits.
There also a single route for calls with that rpute being VOIP Unlimited, and it's set to "strip digits" = 0

Do I just need to add 12 to the 10,11 number length?

Thanks again

Welcome to the 3CX forum!

00435xxxxxxxx is 13 digits long and it is not started with "10,11"

Administrator manual (http: //www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual10.pdf) - NO LONGER AVAILABLE. NEW LINK: http://www.3cx.com/support/3cx-manuals- ... mentation/
Chapter 7
Creating Outbound Call Rules

It contains some hints how to configure outbound rules

If they dial all North American numbers 1+XXXNNNXXXX (11 digits) including local numbers, then a rule, numbers starting with 1, and are 11 digits long, will work.
For International numbers, create a rule, numbers starting with 00 (or 011 depending on the international prefix). Make it the total length of the digits long. Don't forget all international numbers are NOT the same total length, you may need to increase the number of digits to accommodate all destinations. By creating multiple international rules, such as 0043, 0044, etc. (including part of the country code along with the prefix), you can restrict (or block) calls to certain countries/numbers.

As long as the PBX isn't set to use an access digit, like a "9", then you won't need to strip any digits.

Hi,
For setups in the UK where users do not want to dial a 9 as a prefix, then I setup a simple outbound rule with 0 with no specified number of digits. This works well for national and international calls.

Regards
Richard

Thanks Richard. When you say an outbound rule with 0, I take it you mean 0 for the prefix?
Thanks

Paul

Correct. putting a 0 will catch all outgoing calls to UK and international for Prefix of 0.

Old thread I know but on more recent versions you have to allow the relevant country codes. Go to Settings - Security then the Allow Country Codes tab and select a continent or drill down to allow a specific country code. This has to be done along with the outbound call setup.

Reactions: pmv800
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.