Cannot make Outbound call with 1 VoIP providers. Others OK

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by azteq, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azteq

Hi all

I am trying to use my ISP's free VoIP account with our 3CX PBX. It is iiNet in Australia
    The PBX works well with the Engin VoIP. I can make and receive calls with that VoIP provider
    The PBX shows that the iiNet provider is registered in the "Port/Trunk Status" windows
    I can make inbound calls to the iiNet number

The main problem is: I cannot make outbound calls. Each time I make a call, the PBX tries iiNet, then immediately switches to Engin, the next provider in my OutBound Rules.

I can however use the 3CX softphone on my PC and make outbound calls using iiNet without error.

I called iiNet tech support and while they were helpful, they were unable to assist me

Each time I make an outbound phone call, I get this error emailed to me:

Subject: 3CX Phone System Email Notification - ID 12294 - Error response received from Trunk/Provider
    Body: (0) servername.domainname.local 13/04/2013 8:47:29 AM
    Call to 99998888@(Ln.10007@iiNet 0288887777) has failed. [ V4 203.55.231.200:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=864 ] replied: 404 Not found; from IP:203.55.231.200:5060

The "Server Event Log" shows identical errors

We are using a 3CX Phone System 10 SP 6 Build 24018 & all the modules seem to be "up to date"

I have used Google extensively, but have not found any solution to this error

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am losing hair with this problem.

Alex

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Cannot make Outbound call with 1 VoIP providers. Others

This would seem to indicate that you don't have the correct IP address in the trunk settings, or some other datafill problem. Post the 3CX trunk page showing your setting. You can X out any user (your) specific information, although the password should already be ***.

3. azteq

Hi leejor,

Thanks for giving me some help

While answering your question and taking a dozen screenshots, I found the reason for the error and fixed it!

In the Edit Port windows (3CX Phone System > VOIP Providers > [Provide] > [Port name] > Other Options sectrion), I had changed the Outbound Caller ID to match our main office number. Our main office number is hosted by another VoIP provider.

As soon as I deleted that settings outbound calls started to flow out. See attached screenshot

So my next question is then: Can we change the Outbound Caller ID at all in 3CX? If yes, how?

Alexandre

Attached Files:

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First of all it will depend on whether or not your provider allows it. If they do, then I'm going to assume they might limit the outgoing number to one that you subscribe to, though them. Do you want to send just the "main" number on all outbound calls, or a DID number, that will differ per extension?

Here is one post that deals with this... http://www.3cx.com/forums/outbound-caller-id-33154.html#p145100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.