Cannot make outbound calls to Private lines from IVR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ins, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ins

ins

Hi,
    We do Speech applications using 3CX for system integration.
    Am currently facing the following issue in making outbound calls to PSTN lines.

1) I cannot make outbound calls to PSTN line from IVR (Voxeo) hosted applications. But works fine when i make the call through 3CX VoIP phone and SIP phones.

2) Also, all the local outbound calls within SIP - 3CX and IVR works fine.

When we try to make a PSTN outbound, we get "403 forbidden". We first decided that it should be an issue from the IVR side. But the support guys have replied saying that it should be an issue from the 3CX side.

The following scenario happens as quoted in 3CX support:

4. If the source of the caller can not be resolved, the Call History event 'Rejected' is generated:12:03:20.781| Log(2): | Rejected | c1 | "232″ <sip:232@192.168.0.2> | <sip:900@192.168.0.2> | Attempt to call from an extension/line that is not registered/known to the phone systemIn this case the call initiator gets a SIP response '403 Forbidden'. This will be displayed on his/her SIP phone. At this point the call is terminated and a corresponding Call History event is generated:12:03:20.781| Log (2): | Terminated | c1 | "232″ <sip:232@192.168.0.2> | <sip:900@192.168.0.2> | Call ended

It looks like the PBX is failing in step 4. 3CX will throw a 403 Forbidden when it gets a call from an extension that is not known to the phone system. So, please help us to provide 3CX support with our IVR's INVITE. Also, find attached the 3CX log files.

Thanks & Regards,
    Magesh

Attached Files:

2. mgabor89

Hi there,

I must implement a TTS aplication using 3CX, for instance, when someone calls, that a text will be spoken back.
    What's the best way to do that?

Thanks in advance,

MG

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Would this behaviour not be expected, simply as a matter of security, in the same way a direct SIP call would be scrutinized?

I have one provider that sends a 3 digit number to me from one (fixed) public IP.
    I have the option set to allow Direct SIP calls, and, they come in on a trunk that identifies the originating IP thus allowing the call.

I'm not sure if that is of any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.