Cannot make outbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ellenboa, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellenboa

I just installed and configured 3CX phone system. I have setup my VoIP provider as Call Centric.

I am using the 3CX softphone for now while i get my configuration all squared away.

My problem: I can receive inbound calls just fine. It rings, it answers, quality is great. I call from my cell phone and there is very little delay/latency too, i love it. I cannot make an outbound call. I dial the number, 3CX software just sits for a moment, then returns to a phone "on hook" state.

I followed instructions from Call Centric to setup my inbound and outbound rules.

I hope to figure this out ASAP. Thanks in advance for help.

2. pcunite

You need to set up an outbound rule.

* Add Outbound Rule
    * Give it a name
    * Set "Calls to Numbers with a lengh of" to "7"
    * Set Route 1, click the drop down and choose your provider, Set "Strip Digits" to 0, and then "PrePend" to 1 and your area code.

3. ellenboa

Thanks. I tried this and it didn't work at first. Just as i was getting ready to post that i still could not make an outbound call, it began working properly.

Thanks for your help, and quick too. I had assumed that not too many people look around these forums regularly.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That rule is fine for local numbers but you will probably want a more encompassing rule(s) to cover both local and long distance (more than one area code), and perhaps overseas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.