Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot make outbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ellenboa, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellenboa

I just installed and configured 3CX phone system. I have setup my VoIP provider as Call Centric.

I am using the 3CX softphone for now while i get my configuration all squared away.

My problem: I can receive inbound calls just fine. It rings, it answers, quality is great. I call from my cell phone and there is very little delay/latency too, i love it. I cannot make an outbound call. I dial the number, 3CX software just sits for a moment, then returns to a phone "on hook" state.

I followed instructions from Call Centric to setup my inbound and outbound rules.

I hope to figure this out ASAP. Thanks in advance for help.

2. pcunite

You need to set up an outbound rule.

* Add Outbound Rule
    * Give it a name
    * Set "Calls to Numbers with a lengh of" to "7"
    * Set Route 1, click the drop down and choose your provider, Set "Strip Digits" to 0, and then "PrePend" to 1 and your area code.

3. ellenboa

Thanks. I tried this and it didn't work at first. Just as i was getting ready to post that i still could not make an outbound call, it began working properly.

Thanks for your help, and quick too. I had assumed that not too many people look around these forums regularly.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That rule is fine for local numbers but you will probably want a more encompassing rule(s) to cover both local and long distance (more than one area code), and perhaps overseas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.