Cannot make outgoing calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by prasanna1976, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prasanna1976

Hi,
    I am new to 3CX. I managed to install software and configure couple extentions. (snome320 and Grandstream). Also I installed the skype gateway and setup 2 skype accounts. I can recive the skype calls from my extentions. But I cannot make any calls using the skype gateway using my same extension. Please can somebody direct me to the right path?

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you have two channels, and one is master, try to make outbound calls using the second one, not through the master.
    If you want to use both for outbound calls, then make the master channel a normal one (not "master")
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. prasanna1976

Thank you for the reply. Whehn you are making a call how do I have to dial the number?

Ex: if it is 0044 1782 660000

also how to create a outbound rule for numbers simmiler to the above?
    Thank you.

4. prasanna1976

Just to update when i dial 00441845789899 using my extension I get the following voice error message.

Destination not available or not registered or no route available
    Thank you.

5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

To create a simple outbound rule is... simple, an example:
    - "calls to number starting with prefix": 5
    - "strip digits": 1
    So, supossing you want to dial a phone number 44444444 in Cyprus, since Skype requires country code, number become 0035744444444, therefore in your extension you will have to dial it prepended with outbound rule's 5, 50035744444444. Once you dialed it, PBX will strip one digit and the gateway will receive 0035744444444, which it will be passed to Skype to make call.
    Also, important is to have Skype credit to be allowed (by Skype) to make phone calls. However, calling Skype accounts is allowed, so if you want to call, for instance Skype account skypeaccount, you will have to dial 5skypeaccount. You may try to call 5echo123, echo123 being Skype's client sound service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. prasanna1976

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. It is very clear. I have a one more thing to clarify. I know it is bit silly thing to ask. How do you dial 5echo123 from my snom320 extention. I mean it has numbers but not letters. Sorry.
    Thank you.

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately, my knowledges on hardphones are very poor, so I will tell you how I configured my Grandstream (2010), perhaps may be useful to find something similar on your SNOM: since it can be configured using a webbrowser from any computer, since it has speeddials buttons, It was easy to assign to few buttons some Skype accounts (such as 5echo123) and then to make corresponding calls using those buttons.

Hope it helps
    vali

8. prasanna1976

vali,

Ur speed dial option work great. Thank you again for ur speedy replies and also impress about ur knowleadge. Thank you again.

9. prasanna1976

When i try from my extention 50044xxxxxxxxxx i get Call number does not exsist. Please help

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Stop the gateway, click to select the channel corresponding to the "5" prefix, then click the "Skype" button to open its Skype client. Then, from this Skype, try to call the number you want (I mean, without 5, only 0044xxxxxxx) and check what Skype says. When you make it work, you may close the Skype and restart gateway, after that it should work also from your SNOM.
    Regards
    vali

11. prasanna1976

Tried that. I can't see skype application. When i click skype i can see product id is in red ,sip port 6060, skype account,PBX status not registered, skepe status initilising, credit ---
    Any help highly appriciated

12. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi are you using Skype version 4.1.0.179? If yes, there was a problem with skype last week. Lately skype are making a lot of builds which sometimes effects us. We fixed this issue if you wait we will upload the latest version for skype gateway with this fix. Or else give me your email address and I will send you the latest skype gateway.
    Thanks

13. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, I uploaded the latest version for skype gateway. Uninstall gateway and install latest version (9769). You can download latest version from http://www.3cx.com/downloads/v8/3CXGatewayforSkype_2.9769.msi
    Please send me feedback on mb@3cx.com
    Thanks

14. jilldemi

I got the problem with Skype on the last week of October. I got no signal with my phone, cannot make an outgoing call however it went back that I did not even do something. It was because Skype has a problem with last week of October. I did not knew that..

15. rescateurbano

I can't make outgoing calls based in the next scenario...
    I'm using 3CX PBX working perfect with mi internal LAN IP phones (doing both internal and PSTN calls trough different SIP routes working excellent to the outside world).
    I added the 3CX Gateway for Skype, and worked fine calling from an Internet connected WiFi Nokia cellphone using FRING to the 3CX PBX to the predefined "special menu extension 9999", and worked fine to forwarding a FIXED outside number "Forward to external number" option in the PSTN Device/Skype Gateway/Port menu ...

The question here is: Can I make calls to different (PSTN) numbers trough the PBX like we are actually doing with our softphones?
    If yes... how to configure the PBX (And how to make the calls from mi traveling Internet WiFi device, because if I call my skype account defined in the gateway, I cant use the dial. Maybe I can dial like if we are using SkypeOut)??

The previous solutions are supposed to solve the call forward options in this way:
    (Fron external/internal phones -> 3CXPBX -> SkypeGateway -> Skype accounts/SkypeOut)

My help request is for:
    (From Internet Skype device -> SkypeGateway ->3CXPBX -> SIP routes to PSTN actually working)
    All this WITHOUT SkypeOut..

Thank you for your support!

16. jhkvi

Hi Guys,

I have completed the setup of the 3CX Gateway for Skype. I can make calls from Skype to Skype and Skype to 3CX phone routed via the Skype gateway. But I am not able to make calls from 3CX software client to Skype. I am unsure of the format to use when dialing.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.