Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot make outgoing calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by helix2010, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helix2010

Hi

I have installed the 3CX PBX and gateway for Skype, yesterday, so have all the latest versions of clients and other software. ( Tried Installing on either Win2003, Win2008, XP SP2, all have the same issue as defined below.)

The install is completely default, haven't made any other changes than those described in the how-to.

My problem is I cannot make outgoing calls via the 3CX softphone to external numbers, it always return destination/route not found, and ends the call immediately.

I can receive incoming calls throught to the 3CX softphone, no issue at all works seemlessly, from external numbers.

This is the first time I've tried to setup a testbed with this software, and so far I have come unstuck. I am looking to deploy this to one of my smaller customers, but can't go further until I get this resolved, and am happy with the stability and useability.

Any and all help much appreciated.

Cheers

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Basically, if incoming calls from external mobile phones are received properly, the only issue remaining is the phone number format for outbound calls. It should be like this
    <skypegatewaychannel_outbound_rule><country_code><phone_number>
    Therefore, if you want to dial 9999999 in Cyprus using outbound rule 5, you will have to dial

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. helix2010

Thanks for the quick response Vali.

So, as far as I know, I havent manually created any outbound rules, other than which are setup by default. Therefore, should I be setting up my own rules, say if I want to dial from the 3CX softphone, to a mobile phone in the UK.

If the mobile phone number was reached within the UK by dialling 1234567890, which doesn't include the +44 country code when using a normal phone, when using 3CX I must first enter the rule number (of which I believe it is at 1 at the moment), then 44, then 1234567890. Am I understanding this correctly???

So this would be something like: 1,44,1234567890 is this correct or incorrect???

I will test what you say in the next couple and hours and get back to this thread with an update. Hope I dont sound stupid here....

Info much appreciated.

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The country code is not required in case which Skype client - at installation time - has been configured for the country you want to dial to. Supposing 7777777 is valid number in both UK and Cyprus, but your Skype has been installed as for UK, <outbound_rule>7777777 will attempt to call it in UK; if you want to call it in Cyprus you will need <outbound_rule><00357>7777777. If 77777777 is not valid in UK, then in the first case you will get Not Available; if not valid also in Cyprus, in both cases you will get Not Available.
    Then, as far as I know, 00 is required, so in your example 44 is not enough, you will have to dial either 100441234567890, either 1+441234567890 (+ depends by the phone model if allowed).

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. helix2010

OK, thanks for the info yesterday, however, I still cannot make outgoing calls.

For simplicity, at the moment its all installed (that is 3CX PBX, Gateway for Skype, Skype Client install) on a XP workstation.

If I try to make outgoing calls simply using the Skype Client, it works without a problem, and I can also receive incoming calls, no problem.

If I use the 3CX phone, I still cannot make outgoing calls, it displays destination not found.

I have tried all variations of dialling, but this hasnt helped at all. If the number was 1234567890, in the UK, I have tried the following variations;

1441234567890, 144234567890, 441234567890, 11234567890, 1234567890

Generally to access the UK, you define +44 in front of any numbers, and then drop the first digit, so if the number in the UK was 1234567890, if I was outside the UK, I would input +44234567890. so above, I have added a 1, for the rule?????, then 44 for outside the UK access (if this is what Skype needs) then the number (both with and without the first digit dropped), and it still doesnt work.

I dont fully understand how I define the outbound rule. There is one created by default, I've just called it Skype02, and then the field below, I haven't entered anything in, as its a basic setup at the moment, and then in the bottom field, it has SKYPE02 again, as thats what its picked up by default.

Do I have to set anything else up? I'm totally confused with this as I thought it would be straight forward.

once again, I appreciate any advice here, I must either be doing something really stupid here, or its a general configuration error (but I ought to say I have gome via the docs each time, and get the same error on whichever platform, or hardware I install this on)

Help much, much appreciated.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    To check the outbound rule configuration, please try to call from softphone <outbound_rule>echo123. if you get again Not Available, then it's a problem with the rule.
    Regards
    vali

7. helix2010

Ok, thanks, I will try this when next back in the office, and will report back.

Thanks for the assistance.

8. global17

I have the same problem, i can make calls to different extensions. But when it comes to skype ( i have the latest version) it says (PBX server is reachable, skype server is reachable, gateway service is running) but when i place a call it says "Destination Not found"

9. helix2010

All

I worked this one out, it was the Outbound rule that was incorrect, as I didnt quite understand what should be in there.

For info, it works perfectly now, calls outbound working without problem. The outbound rule I currently have is very simple:

Called it Skype02, I tell it to drop the first character of the number dialled, and get it to prepend with +44, which is for the UK.

So this: 0123456789, when modified by the rule, rings out as this: +44123456789, and this works perfectly.

Hope this helps, for info, that was definately the problem, as everything else was default install.

Cheers for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.