cannot pickup calls in shared parking orbits--"not found!"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooeyhall, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

I cannot unpark parked calls that are placed in shared parking orbits. The calls are parked using 3CX Myphone, which is configured to "Park in Shared Parking Places".

If I park a call, the server log shows it being placed in SP0. However when I try to retrieve the parked call (using *10) I get a busy signal and the server logs an error of "Failed to reach Park Orbit *1--not found". It does this from all phones (we are using Snom). I can unpark the call using the MyPhone software with no problems.

If I configure MyPhone to "Park always on this Parking Orbit", then there is no problem retrieving parked calls (using *10).

Is there a different dial code to use for retrieving from shared parking spaces? It seems as if using the prescribed unpark code isn't getting to the shared parking orbit.

We are running 3cx Small Business version 11 sp4.

I really appreciate any advice that I can get on this. Please reply back if further info is needed! Thank you!

Additional info:

1) We have portable phones in our shop area, and they do not have access to MyPhone to unpark calls. They need to use the dial codes in 3cx.

2) If I set MyPhone to "Park always in this Parking Orbit" then we can unpark calls from the portables with no problem.

3) We need to use the 3cx feature that returns an unanswered parked call to the extension that originally parked the call. However when "Park always in this Parking Orbit" is enabled in MyPhone, we do NOT get a callback if the parked call goes unanswered.

So here's the problem: Park calls in Shared Parking Places---we can get call back if the parked call goes unanswered. But cannot unpark the call using the provided 3cx dialcodes.

Park always in this Parking Orbit---can unpark calls using the 3cx dial codes. But we do not get callbacks if the parked call goes unanswered.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Re: cannot pickup calls in shared parking orbits--"not found

*10 is not a shared parking orbit.
    SP0 is.
    You would need to pick up using myphone or configure a blf to monitor and pickup SP0.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

.. which is where and why a forwarding rule to SP0 on a placeholder extension works well. ;)

The beauty of shared park is that BLF can be leveraged to see there is a call on that park, and a BLF button can pickup the call.
    However, use BLFs (or forward an extension to the shared park number.. like SP0, another for SP1...) if you want to use shared parks. Else, MyPhone can and does park to classic/standard/legacy park orbits of *0#.. which it should do by default (tested, v11).

If you selected "Park to Shared Parking Places (SP)" in the MyPhone Preferences.. don't.. if you intend to use the *0 park method.

Or, last.. use MyPhone to unpark the call. I know v9's assistant would not show shared parks, but v11 does and works fine.

4. zooeyhall

Please see edit that I added to my original post.

We have portable phones in our shop area. They do not have access to MyPhone to unpark calls. They have to use the 3cx dial codes to unpark calls.

I have set MyPhone to not use shared parking spaces when parking a call. However when this setting is enabled, we do not get a callback on unparked calls that are not answered (when that setting is enabled in 3cx administrator). We only get callbacks on unanswered parked calls if they are parked to a SHARED parking orbit.

Any ideas on how to get out of this dilemma?

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Use the "non-recommended by 3cx solution" of forwaring an extension to a SP.

in v11
    set up extension (ie 601)
    set to forward all calls to external number of SP1

Then when someone weants to pickup Park 1 on those portable phones, they will dial 601.

For some reason, 3cx does not recommend this - as there can be issues if someone tries to transfer/park a call to 601 and someone is already on SP1.
    Also, the Admin Console does not allow SP in the External Number for forwarding rules under an extension, so you must do this in MyPhone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.