Cannot place a call to local network from a remote network.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mbehlok, Dec 26, 2006.

1. mbehlok

Hello,

I have the system working where I can call from one phone to another on the same network. Once I try to call a phone on a different network, I get an error in the log, and the call does not complete. All extension in question are GREEN and REGISTERED at time of test. It seems as if I may have some ports not opened correctly, but I opened up all the ports that were listed in the manual.

Thanks in advance..

15:17:45.405 Terminated c2 "Test User"<sip:101@pbx.domain.com> "201"<sip:201@pbx.domain.com> Call ended

15:17:45.385 Rejected c2 "Test User"<sip:101@pbx.domain.com> "201"<sip:201@pbx.domain.com> Call destination cannot be resolved

15:17:45.385 CallConf::findDestination: Destination Ext:201 has been found for Ext:101, but it hasn't been registered! Unable to complete call.

15:17:45.365 Registrar::resolveAddress: Registrar can not resolve "201"<sip:201@pbx.domain.com>

15:17:45.345 Registrar::checkAor: Registrar resolved sip:101@pbx.domain.com as <sip:101@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:62764;rinstance=a47c49f06744f99b>

15:17:45.325 Incoming c2 "Test User"<sip:101@pbx.domain.com> "201"<sip:201@pbx.domain.com> Incoming call from 101

15:17:45.315 AuthMgr::eek:nAuthSuccess: Extension "Test User"<sip:101@pbx.domain.com>;tag=904e1460 has been registered successfully

2. cjammer

cjammer New Member

This may seem like a dumb down answer so don't take offence to this, but have you checked your DNS resolution? You log shows DNS names in it. try to ping the IP and try to PING the DNS name. see if either or both work. If the DNS doesn't, then fix it or change the DNS names to IP's. and check all your firewalls too.

Its the little stuff that bites us.

Cjammer

3. mbehlok

hehe, no offense taken.. I am a network engineer by trade, and I have had an instance where a bad ethernet cable held me back a few hours ;)

I have checked the DNS and the firewall. I changed the DNS in the log to pbx.domain.com for securty reasons, but they do resolve correctly. The only firewall I cannot test is the one on the remote side as I do not control it... yet :)

The phones sync up right, and I get dial tone, but when I dial another extension nothing happens. If I dial from a phone on the local network to the remote side, I get these errors. Calling from the remote side to the local, I get nothing in the log. Also, no log entries when I call a ohone from the remote side, to another phone on the remote side. Something is breaking the communication, just not sure what it is..

Maybe the remote side firewall??

4. cjammer

cjammer New Member

Port sniffer

I wonder if you took a port sniffer and check the network from both ends, if you could find out if all the ports are open from end to end. Do you have a router or VLAN in between that might be blocking it too?

Cjammer

5. mbehlok

I was planning on sniffing the traffic on both ends to see what may be getting dropped. I'm trying to test across the internet, so there are lots of routers in between the 2 networks.

Going to also try to use a PC on the remote side instead of the SIP Phones, that way I can connect a VPN tunnel between the 2 sites to try and make it work.

Results to follow ;)

6. cjammer

cjammer New Member

The VPN sounds like a good Idea. I had not thought about that. You can remote in and see what it is doing when you call from both ends. I'll try it to when I get to that point.

Cjammer