• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot Play Voice mail in Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSommers

Reaction score
We have been using 3cx for more than a year now - and I have my voice mails sent directly to my email address and automatically deleted from our phone system. After a recent 3CX update I am no longer able to play the voice mails. The same holds true for my cell phone as well as the other computers in my office, and my personal laptop. However, my assistant manager can play them on her cell phone so I forward them to her - which works fine until she leaves the country for a week. :S

I do not believe it to be a function of GMAIL, but rather that 3CX changed the encoding or format of how the audio file is created so that it is smaller. I think the idea being that when sent to a mobile, the file size contributes to the data consumption and may have a negative impact on how much cost is incurred on one's data plan.

You did not mention the phone type, but if using Android, you may (should) be able to find a compatible player that will handle the file. I have a Samsung G5 and it accommodates the file just fine, but I have a client with a G4 who has the issue as well.

I cannot speak to the PC other than to say that finding a new player will likely fix the issue or perhaps installing a codec pack to your existing player will work.

My cell phone does run on Android. I haven't tried using a different program to open the voicemail on my cell, but have tried a number of the suggested apps on my PC without success. Will see what I can do.
Thanks for the input.

For what it's worth, I use TwistedWave Online to play my voicemails in gmail. It used to just work seamlessly, but after they changed the voicemail format/codec/quality (not sure exactly what changed), it's an extra couple of clicks now. But TwistedWave works okay. If you download it to your computer, most media players should play it: I just used Windows Media Player and VLC, and they both played it right away.

For what it's worth, I use TwistedWave Online to play my voicemails in gmail. It used to just work seamlessly, but after they changed the voicemail format/codec/quality (not sure exactly what changed), it's an extra couple of clicks now. But TwistedWave works okay. If you download it to your computer, most media players should play it: I just used Windows Media Player and VLC, and they both played it right away.

That worked for me just fine!
Thank you very much - its a simple fix now.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.