Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot provision from email on Galaxy S7 since 15.5

Discussion in 'Android' started by Patrick Vallée, Dec 13, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Vallée

Got a provisionning error :
    Provisioning error Provisioning information could not be read.
    But i'm ok with QR code provisionning

Someone have an idea ?

2. Patrick Vallée

I found something interesting... the mail client where in cause. Default mail client on my galaxy S7 have a problem. When i'm trying to foward the welcome e-mail to gmail and retry to provision from the file, it's OK.

Thanks, the problem is not 3CX app on Android.

Marios Neophytou likes this.
  3. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello,

It has to be the original welcome email and not forwarded from somewhere else otherwise it won't work.

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 100028

I have the same issue. Galaxy S6, original Welcome mail and directly send to the e-mailaddress (no forwards).

Original mail client on phone doesn't recognize the file and manually selecting the 3CX app also won't work.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

1) What exact error are you getting when you try to QR provision?

If you're getting: "Could not setup QR detector", this means your Google Services on your phone our out of date. Please go to your Google Play app, top left settings, "Games and Apps" and update your Google Services.

If you're getting any other error, this means your PBX's FQDN could not be resolved by your mobile device (or rather the wifi it's connecting through) and so the provisioning file is not reachable. This is a DNS issue not an app issue. We'l look into making this more obvious to the user in a future version.

For the actual provisioning file, if you have downloaded it to your device, then you'l need Total Commander, find the provisioning file and open it using 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.