Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot provision Snom 720 (manually or automatically)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alexanderbird, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexanderbird

Configuring Snom 720 (Firmware version 8.7.3 ) with 3CX version 12

Snom and 3CX documentation both say it’s compatible, with 3CX listing Snom as a preferred supplier.

I have been unable to automatically or manually provision a Snom 720 phone.

I set Option 66 as per guide: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/
    Using the option: 3CX Phone system 12: http://192.168.3.155:5000/provisioning/%%ProvSubDir%%/cfg{mac}

Shown below in the attached screenshot

It still would not provision, showing the key hole and prompting to log in on the phone.

From the phone’s web interface in the Advanced > Update tab I can see the settings_server points to snom.com but the update_server points to our server for the provisioning files.

Still this wouldn’t load the provisioning file, and the phone showed a keyhole symbol with the message “Press any key to log in”.

When we uploaded the file manually using the phone’s web interface and restarted, the phone got further than before, logged in, and showed the 3CX user. But, there was an error message:
    Prov. Server failed not registered: 3CX Phone ……

The provisioning file is attached

Attached Files:

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi, can you clarify firmware as you only said 8.7.3, are you running firmware version 8.7.3.25 (latest supported) ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alexanderbird

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry about that. It's version 8.7.3.25.5

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hmm, that's a bit higher than the one we support, could you downgrade to 8.7.3.25 one of your handsets and see if same issue occurs on it please ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. alexanderbird

Hi again,

I've downgraded to 8.7.3.25 and tried again. It seems to be working! I'll post again if there are any issues. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.