• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved cannot reach my 3cx domain after assigning new static elastic IP(AWS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arunesh Dutta

Reaction score
Had assigned a new static elastic IP(AWS) to my instance.My domain minervatechpbx.3cx.in hasn't updated .Kindly guide me with same

Normally if you are using a Dynamic IP address with your 3CX System perfectly easy, this will simply fail-over.

In your case or if you are using Static you could try the below:

* In order to get you public ip to change in 3CX's dns servers you need to navigate to Settings > network and switch to use 'Dynamic Public IP (IP changes)' Then restart services using the services.mmc.

* Then wait 20 minutes and go back and switch back to ' Static Public IP (IP Address does not change)' and again restart services.

It will take up to an hour to change on their systems DNS and then up to 6 or more hours to propagate around the internet.

In regards to your fail-over options this would depend, who is your provider ? is the trunk registration or IP based ?

Hello @Arunesh Dutta

As above please make sure that under Settings / Network your IP is set to Dynamic Public IP and restart the PBX services. Then you will need to wait for the DNS propagation.

Reactions: KonnectTech
Hello all,thx for ur message.I am running it on Linux under AWS(Amazon web Services).I restarted the instance but still it it has not updated to new ip address of the instance

Hello all,thx for ur message.I am running it on Linux under AWS(Amazon web Services).I restarted the instance but still it it has not updated to new ip address of the instance
Did you set the IP to dynamic in settings?

Have done so not yet resolving the current updated ip

Have done so not yet resolving the current updated ip
I can access the login screen of your management console from here so the DNS propagation has not reached you yet.

You can perform an nslookup with the google dns to verify the change your self.

Yes it's resolving now

Glad to see the issue has been resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.