cannot receive calls from one location

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooeyhall, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

I have one location that has 3cx Small Business, with 2 Snom300 phones, running on an XP computer. The gateway is a Patton 4114. It uses PSTN lines for external calls.

I got a really strange problem with this 3cx system: it will not accept calls coming in from one of our office locations.

The caller hears the phone ring about 5 times, and then there is a message "sorry, you cannot leave a message at this time".

Nothing appears in the server log when the calls from this one office come in.

The FXO line light on the Patton Gateway comes on when the call is coming in.

I can call from my cell phone, or from our other office locations and the call comes in just fine. It just affects calls coming from this one location.

Is this an issue with the Patton gateway? It seems like the calls from the one location are not even getting to the 3cx computer. But why the gateway would block incoming calls from only one location is a mystery.

I have had the system up for about 3 weeks, and everything was working fine. I did have 3cx support fix a problem, about a week ago, where the Patton Gateway was not sending caller ID through. The problem seems to have started then--but I am only guessing.

Appreciate any help on this! Thank you!

2. coelhopsi

The message you're receiving ("sorry, you cannot leave a message at this time") doesn't seem to exist on the 3CX PBX. At least not in the default prompts or any combination of them. That said, I believe it's something with your Patton gateway , since the FXO line is lighting up. Try to check the gateway logs to see if you can find something in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.