• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot receive external calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniboa

Reaction score
Hello, I just installed the last version of your PBX. I think i configured everything correctly. I'm able to do internal calls between the extensions and external calls to other PSTN numbers. But when I'm calling myself from a normal phone I'm receiving anything, the line is mute and the log doesn't show anything. Please help me. Thank you.

When you call in (calling yourself) is there any change in the icons on the pbx behind the number you call?

Sip call is initiated by the sounds of it but the sound is not comming through. RTC ports 10000 - 20000 need to be open for sound to come true (i believe).

No when I'm calling my VoIP number from a normal phone nothing happen, the log is not receiving any call from outside, the icons doesn't change, nothing !!! and there is any sound from the phone that I'm calling from. I think it's a NAT/Firewall problem, I'm behind a router.

Hmm that might not help, but than again I am behind a firewall (on modem) and anISA server and it is all working ok.

When you calling from your normal phone is that phone witching to VoIP. So are you trying to use the same device for calling out and receiving the calling line? If so you might have a port clash. (eg two conversations trying to use the same sip port 5060).

As you mentioned all is ok internal and you can make calls out on your 3cx phones (lets call them like that as they are going through the pbx).

If your normal phone dials out using your modem (as it is plugged into that modem) your VoIP call will not come through and depending on your config you might hear an engagement signal or nothing at all).

I'm calling my Voip number from a normal PSTN phone (my house phone) or with my mobile phone and while calling I'm hearing any engagement signal I'm hearing nothing at all. Looking in the PBX part, the log doesn't show any incoming call and any phone connected to the PBX is ringing !!!
Is it possible to have a standard configuration for the firewall and NAT ??
I think the external call is not reaching the computer where PBX is installed.

Ok,

If you are behind a firewall make sure you have your firewall allowing your VoIP number (IP address you get from your VoIP provider) to go through.

Typically you need ports:
UDP 5060
UDP 10000 - 20000
UDP 3478

So voip IP must map to the 3cx server IP otherwise it does not know where to go.

Perfect!!! Thank you so much...;) I missed to open the UDP port 10000-20000. Now it seems working everything. Only sometime it failed to register to the voip provider...??? any tip?

Yeah, I noticed that myself a few times.

Not sure why that is, eventough it shows not registered in 3cx the moment I want to make a call it just works. I changed the "registry expire" setting on my Sip gateway to 240 or lower and that seemed to solve the problem.

Also (depending on your network) it is a good idea to set VoIP as high priorty.

Daniboa,

Try installing Ethereal and filter on protocol==SIP.
Then make a call (in or outgoing) and see what happens.

If you see: SIP/2.0 479 We dont accept private IP Contacts

Then there is the source of your problem.

I've send my tracelogs (and those of my sip provider) to support and they confirmed several bugs.

It seems B5 isn't reporting a few RTP fields properly.

If you don't see these errors, there might be some other issues like firewalling and natting not beeing correctly configured.

Niels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.