Cannot receive incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by macaruchi, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macaruchi

Hello. I downloaded the free version of the 3CX PBX for evaluation purposes. I'm very impressed with it. I'm new at voip and telephony in general and I'm amazed at how easy configuration and everything has been. However have a problem with my voip line. I can make calls using my voip provider with no problems, however I cannot receive incoming calls.

My line works just fine, since I've been able to use it both making and receiving calls with x-lite. One weird thing is that the same PBX on the same computer with the same ISP but with a different router, does receive calls. At the office i have a Cisco SOHO 800 series router (this is where incoming calls don't work) and at home a have a small Speedtouch router (where everything works perfectly).

I tried forwarding the ports according to the documentation found on the 3cx site on the Cisco router, but I still get the same results, I can't get incoming calls. I ran the firewall checker and it says everything is fine. I don't have a public ip address neither at home or at the office, just a regular DSL line with a dynamic ip address.

The 3cx log shows no activity whenever I'm receiving a call. I even tried wireshark to analyze the traffic, and when I'm calling my voip number I don't even receive any packets, it's like it's not even reaching the server.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Yolanda

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Yolanda,

It defintely sounds like a problem with the office router/network, but it also seems like you have done the proper steps. Some Routers are just not VoIP friendly, even if they pass the tests. I have a D-Link in my lab with the same issue.

Give me a run down of your office routers port forwarding settings.

Also, Try popping your DSL line right into the 3CX server and bypass the router to verify that it works when it is open to the world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I had a quick look though this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/12_2y/release/notes/rn800yu.html#wp31153

Do a search for the word VoIP, in Table 2, it says "NO , for SIP support for VoIP", unless someone else has a solution, you may be out of luck using that router.

4. levbe

Hi,

I've exactly the same problem with my new cisco 877 router (with IOS 12,4T10).

Yolanda, your problem is solved since your post ?

Maybe somebody have an advise because i'm searching on the cisco website and i'm a little bit lost...

Thanks a lot,
    Lev

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. StaffKB

Hi,

If you set the 3cx pbx as a DMZ to the router does this work?

6. levbe

To be honest, i've no idea about how to configure DMZ on this Cisco router (i'm really not an expert).

But, i made a new firewall config with the Cisco Configuration Professional Wizard, as an advanced firewall, witch created many new rules and for the moment, 3xc works fine and receive incoming calls.

I'll check all day long and hope this state remain the same one.

Thanks for your answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.