Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot register Android app over 3g to public 3cx box

Discussion in 'Android' started by pauladams, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pauladams

Cross posted in the 3cx forum

I have the following setup:

3cx box with a private IP (172.16.x.x).

A pix firewall with a public static IP (I have the "public ip address" set in global options)

I have the public IP Natted to the private IP and I am allowing udp 5060 from my host on the internet. If I run ethereal on the 3cx box, I see the request come in, as well as in the 3cx logs.

I have my droid with the 3cx app installed. When I am on wifi (internal work network) it is able to register perfectly and I can make calls, etc.

When I am on 3g, using the same credentials, I get Authentication failed. I look in the server logs and I get this:

13:07:44.464 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 172.16.x.xxx tid=PjCXpnl1x.6zOXtyFNDGmW7VUQbCY23BnE cseq=REGISTER contact=170@97.25.240.218:5060 / 1478 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

The weird thing is that they DO match. I have fiddled with 3cx app for ever now and I still can't get it to work. I am rolling out a solution soon and evaluating 3cx but if I cant get users with public IPs to connect over the internet then this solution is worthless to me.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something? I have been back and forth through the documentation on this and I can't get past it.

HELP!

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It would be best if you did a wireshark capture of both scenarios, one with WiFi enabled and one with 3G Enabled and send the captures to lg@3cx.com

But before doing that please try using a very weak password in that extension's settings. Try a password like 170 and see what happens.

Can you also confirm that in your PIX firewall you have SIP Helping services disabled? There's usually a setting somewhere in the router related to SIP that you would need to disable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.