Cannot register the 3CXPhone client on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gdurot, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdurot

Hello,
    We have multiple computers on our network, all using the 3CXPhone for Windows client (version 12.0.33517.0).
    Everything is fine on all machines, except for the new Windows 10 machine (has all the latest updates) which cannot seem to register with the 3CX server, even though TCP/IP connectivity to the 3CX server is ok.
    Is there anything special to do with Windows 10?
    Thanks,

2. gdurot

Odly enough, every works fine when that machine is NOT connected directly to our network and is then registering to the 3CX server via the 3CX Tunnel.
    However, when it is on the same internal network, I always first get the message " 3CX Phone for Windows could not establish a connection to the 3CX Phone System Web API....", and then the registration fails...
    Anyone could give me any pointers? What is this "3CX Phone System Web API" and how does it work?
    Thanks in advance...

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you can ping the server internally from this machine... VLAN... routing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it is connecting when used outside the local LAN, then it is set to contact the Public IP (or URL), or is set to use the Tunnel. On the LAN it should be set to contact the server by it's local IP. Was the PC running the 3CX phone, on the local LAN when provisioned (I'm assuming that a provisioning email was sent). Is this the only Win 10 having issues?

5. gdurot

Yes, I can ping the 3CX server properly when connected to the local LAN, so this is not an IP connectivity issue. VLAN is not being used and there is no need for elaborate routing.
    When it is connecting from outside the LAN, the Tunnel is used.
    I tried un-installing/reinstalling the client multiple times, trying the v12 client and the v14 client (no difference), and these installations were done on the local LAN, so provisionning was done with the client connected to the LAN.
    There is no other Windows 10 client on our network...
    Any pointer as to what the "3CX Phone System Web API" is and how it communicates between the 3CX server and the clients? I couldn't find any documentation about this...
    Thanks,

6. shanus6

I am having the same issues as you gdurot.

I get the API message on all of my machines after upgrading to V14.

I too have tried various different settings and uninstall/reinstallation.

7. 3cxtester

Has anyone solved this issue yet? We have the exact same problem. It was working everything fine with the older 12.0 Phone System.

The only Windows Phone client that works for us is an old version "12.0.32127.322".

The Windows Client 12.5 doesn't work independently from the connection type. Tunnel, In office, Out of Office.

In all cases the firewall for us is disabled, for testing purposes so there is absolutely no interference at all.

Attached Files:

• 3cx.png
      3cx.png
      File size:
      17.9 KB
      Views:
  8. DMCinc

I can also confirm this is happening to my Windows users (Windows 8.1) after upgrading from 12.5 to 14.

Can anyone else confirm that their IIS site for 3CX is now entitled "Instance01" and their are 2 data folders in the C:\ProgramData\3CX folders?

Hope a fix comes out too, this will delay my future upgrades. :|

9. datamerge

datamerge New Member

I am runnning v14 on my Windows 10 computer no problems. Could it be a permissions problem? Have you tried running the app as administrator? Are you a local admin of your own PC?

Windows is getting very picky about where users can write files now and we see all sorts of strange errors on Windows 8.1 and 10 that are down to where files are being written by the apps.

10. 3cxtester

I can confirm that this is not a permissions issue. I have tried all compatibility options for the .exe and I have also tried running it as Administrator. It simply does not connect at all.

Someone from 3CX can help us sort this out?

11. oOBATOoData

Hi
    A wizard pointed me to the fact that the softphone has to be set to 3cx for it to work.
    I personaly got it to work as I was able to get a dial tone and voice mail working.
    All under win10Pro Networked but not domained-network HIH
    --
    Data

12. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Could someone post a log of the client showing this case?
    Log is here C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. p.pasquino

Same problem also for us, up to version 12.5 there is no problem, when update to 14 (both SP1 SP2) there is an error "Phone System Web API". The computers on which is installed the 3cx client have various operating system :
    - win 7
    - win 8
    - win 10

But the error message is the same, furthermore it is impossible display address book , presence , call history , chat.

In some cases it is not possible to operate in CTI ( Yeastar T21 , T23 , T28 that worked correctly before the upgrade )
    In mode 3cx I can make and receive phone calls but it is impossible display address book , presence , call history , chat.
    The windows firewall is off on all machines and i can ping the 3cx server correctly .
    The log file is clean , no error reported.

14. andreaschr

Hi p.pasquino

Reprovision your 3CXPhone from management console or send a new welcome email .
    Also confirm that the 3CXPhone is updated .

15. p.pasquino

We have solved.
    We have not touched anything in 3CX configuration server , the strange thing is that it was not properly resolved FQDN external IP, we have included a simple rule in the firewall ( in the DNS rules ) to enable correct routing and immediately everything is back to work properly.
    Thanks for support
    Have a good day.
    Paolo

16. SamuelKrawetz

What was the rule that needed to be set up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.