Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot Register to VoIP Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanketgroup, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanketgroup

Hi
    I have Siemens Hi Path VoIP PBX system

I installed 3cx system in one of my computer.
    I went to "Add VoIP provider" option in 3cx system and entered all the information of my siemens system which works as VoIP provider.
    However 3cx system cannot register the line.

with same information and from same PC where 3cx is installed, X-Lite can successfully register the line.

i have attached two log files.
    xlite.txt is Log from Siemens system when line is being connected from xlite
    3cx.txt is the file log when 3cx tries to connect to Siemens.

Attached Files:

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX log file show (the one from the 3CX system and not from Siemens)?

3. sanketgroup

it says
    Registration failed for: 10001@smns; cause: 408 Requested Timeout; from IP: 192.168.2.16:5060

192.168.2.16 is siemens Hipath VoIP IP

4. sanketgroup

till now what i figured is:

if add VoIP provider first time, it successfully connect to Siemens, but if i click on "edit" under VoIP provider and just press ok without changing anything, it stops connecting back to VoIP provider.
    I dont know, but may be - on hitting OK button on edit mode, it goes for re-registraion and siemens does not accept it again.

in 3cx logs; sometime it says successfully registered, but after few seconds, it gives message, 408, requested time out.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Please answer the question:
    Why if
    The log, you provided earlier says

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sanketgroup

I intentionally changed the IP on VoIP gateway just to make sure everything is ok.

after constant monitoring, here what i observed.

On adding voip line in 3cx, it gets registered successfully.

If i click on "edit voip line" and save it without any changes, 3cx tries to register line again and that time voip provider gives registration error.

I have attached html log file. Please click on (+) sign inside the the logs to get detail.
    Also, particular this voip line, 3cx goes for registration at every 2 minutes. i dont know why. i have set it to 10 minutes. but it occurs every two minutes.

Attached Files:

7. ThomasAJ

I had huge problems registering to any VOIP providers until...

In Edit VOIP Provider>General tab

make sure 'Outbound proxy hostname or IP' = 'SIP server hostname or IP'.

Mine was initially *blank* as set up by 3CX using their 'Choose a Provider' list in the 'Add VOIP Provider Wizard'.

Blanks was OK for some routers but not others.

8. sanketgroup

no, its same. its not blank even.

9. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Yes, going to edit and then hitting OK, will cause an attempt by 3CX to re-register. Think of it in the context that for whatever reason the system has lost the connection to the provider and is waiting for its slated timeout to occur before making the next attempt. Now then assume that the next attempt is a number of minutes away but you know the problem with the connectivity is fixed. This gives you a method of invoking a registration such that you can do on demand. If there are no changes and there is no need to re-register, then there is the cancel button.

From what I see of the logs, 3CX is making an attempt to register, but it is the Seimens system that is not reacting to the request and acknowledging a successful registration, It just indicates trying and then times out. During this re-attempt period, how does the Siemens system reflect 3CX, registered "already" or unregistered.

If you simply leave alone with the sucessful registration from the 1st time, can you make calls? If you leave it alone and allow the normal registration attempts to proceed at the timeouts, do these work? How often does the Siemens require a (re-)registration? Is there a guard period or something that upon a successful registration a certain period must elapse before a new attempt can be made?

I think the answer will have to come from the Siemens side of things as it looks like 3CX is simply trying to register. I would think that if the Siemens will accept the one time, it should accepct all times provided that the credentials and all are correct.

10. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Even more, the response 408 was explicitly sent by Siemens Hi Path.
    So, the question is "What kind of timeout was reported by Siemens Hi Path?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.