Cannot reprovision phones properly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adamwells, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamwells

Hi,

I'm having some problems reprovisioning handsets, I've just taken over the support here so I'm not sure if it's been set up correctly.

From what I understand, I should be able to go to Reset & Reprovision on the management console, and this will effectively wipe the handset and give me the ability to assign a new extension to it.
    I have a handset that was previously used by ext 212. That user now has an upgraded handset, but still has both phones under his extension. I've factory reset the handset, reset & reprovisioned it, but it still remains on his extension. It shows up as a new device on 'phones'. When I try and assign it to myself it says it is still assigned to 212 though.

The only way I've found around this is to completely delete the extension and recreate it, but I cannot do this as the user is using his phone. (As I said he has two under his extension, desk handset and the old one I'm trying to set up for someone else).

Is this how it's meant to be, or am I missing something? I'm still learning my way around this system so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

Edit - The phones in question are Yealink T42G and T46.

2. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Ok, in the management console double click the extension in question, then click the phone provisioning tab. Just below the provisioning tab you should see the two phones that are associated with the extension. click on the one you want to remove and delete the MAC Address and the model field scroll to the top and click the "select phone model" choice. Now scroll to the bottom of the page and click apply. That should remove that phone from the extension and you can now re assign it where you want and provision it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adamwells

That worked great. Thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.