• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot see any new phones within 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamwells

Reaction score
Hi

I'm attempting to add some new users. I've gathered some spare phones, factory reset them, but none of them are appearing within 3CX. They also say 'no service'. I have tried with both Yealink T42G and T46 handsets. I have around 50 phones currently working fine. I've also taken a working phone, factory reset, and then it's failed to appear. I have no idea what the problem could be.

I've tried provisioning them from the handset, via the management page, through 3CX.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

"failed to appear" means what? The new extension(s) does not appear in 3CX when you list extensions? Or...it simply shows as not registered. If they are not registering, then what does the 3CX server Log show as the reason?

They don't appear in the 'phones' section as a new phone (as I factory reset them). Usually they'll be in bold with 'new' under each heading.

Each phone has 'no service' on it.

The "no service" is what i expect if they are not programmed. Has this "new phone" activity ever worked on this network before?

As far as not seeing them - it usually points to a network issue or firewall issue.
Ensure the server firewall is off. Ensure no antivirus is acting as a firewall.
I have seem a case with HP Switches doing this and rebooting them fixed the issue.
Sometimes the switches block multicast and need to allow it.

Thanks Craig.

We have two buildings, which are connected via a link. The office in with the 3CX server sits can discover phones, but if I patch them in in the other office, it cannot. This has worked flawlessly previously. Interestingly, we do have HP Switches, so I'll reboot these and see if that does the trick!

Although, I did plug a phone in where the server sits, and it was discovered. I attempted to assign an extension to it, but registering failed. Any ideas?

So this is an issue where either the set is failing to acquire the location of the configuration file upon boot-up, or is is failing to reach, or download the file. Wireshark should be able to tell you what is actually happening.

It really does sound as if is a network problem.

What happens to a currently, working, set if it is reset and forced to re-configure, does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.