Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot select "Enable integration" in Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leadface, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadface

By my understanding, Outlook integration should be available to all levels of v15 (PBX, Standard, Pro, Enterprise).

When choosing an extension to modify, on the Integration tab, the "Enable integration" option does not respond to being clicked on, and when you try to choose an integration, the box is grayed-out (yes, I am from the US) and the cursor becomes a "do-not" circle. I tried the operation in M$ Edge, FF, & Chrome. I can enable/disable the Voicemail box on it's tab, but not on integration.

V15 Standard 4/2/10 on Windows 10 VM.

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

Attached Files:

2. pact

pact New Member

We can enable integration on our Installation, so I'm stabbing in the dark here..

But do your extensions have '3CX Client' in the Phone Provisioning Tab? Is there anything disabled/blocking in there for that extension?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

do you run your pbx on a PBX Edition or Std key, as this feature is not included in those edition! Outlook / Tapi however can be used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leadface

Thank you for the replies.

1. "do your extensions have '3CX Client' in the Phone Provisioning Tab?"
    Yes

2. "do you run your pbx on a PBX Edition or Std key, as this feature is not included in those edition! Outlook / Tapi however can be used."

Yes, it is Standard (as stated in original post). Also noted is that in the comparison matrix, that PBX & Standard both list Outlook integration as an available option. Being impatient, I used a download link and installed "3CXPlugin15.exe", and I do have 3CX integration in Outlook 2016 (functioning, including contact popup on matching CID).

My thought now is that while the client supports the integration, the ability to enable in the console/extension tab and automatically push to the client is a feature that is not available in the PBX/Standard version; for those two versions, it must be installed manually, as I ended up doing.

If my hypothesis is correct, hopefully the feature matrix will be updated to reflect this.

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

TAPI and Outlook Plugin cannot be pushed via the Management Console at all unfortunately regardless the License Key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.