Solved Cannot send initiated call from softfone to deskphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adam_rl, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam_rl

Hi all

You've probably heard of this before, I'll be brief.

Both sites using latest 3cx and Yealink T41 handsets. Provisioned via SBC or manually if that doesn't work.

On each sites we have a user that, once they set their 3cx PC client to CLI, cannot initiate a call from the softfone and send it to their deskphone, however, another person can. Each set up seems identical. Same model of phone, same version of 3cx PC client, same everything. The handset otherwise works fine, it rings, can pick it up and use it, is registered against the right extension for the user.

That is, set softfone to cli, dial number and press call, deskphone rings, pick up handset, and continue the call.

What could I be missing? Have tried different handsets, reprovisioning, seemingly nothing left to try!

MichaelTC likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @adam_rl

Try using the new web client and see if that works. For CTI to work behind an SBC, the phones should be provisioned using PnP and the clients must be in the same network as the phones.

3. V..

V..

If the phone and the Windows client are in a different network there is a workaround to achieve this.

1. Initiate Call on Softphone \ Desk Phone
    2. Use the switchboard view to park the call
    3. Unpark the call, both the softphone and desk phone should ring allowing you to resume the call on the desired platform.

I know this is not ideal but can be a useful trick to remember.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MichaelTC

Just want to state, using latest 3cx software and T41P firmware and having issues with at least one of my users. I was thinking there might be a parameter in the T41P web interface to accept the connection but I don't see one.

5. adam_rl

The web client works - I can initiate call and then the desk phone takes over. It's just when using soft fone

6. adam_rl

Same networks

7. adam_rl

OK I got it working now. Seems I have to be VERY particular of the order when re provisioning phones and ensure certificate is disabled on handset if not using.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see has been resolved and thank you for updating the post with your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.