Cannot Start the web server...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lamsoft, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lamsoft

[​IMG]

All other services able to start, but just cannot start the Cassini web server..

Event log just shows:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7034
    Date: 2009-01-23
    Time: 10:28:31 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: LAMSOFT-SERVER
    Description:
    The 3CX Webserver service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I am using 3CX v7 on WIndows XP SP3 w/o IIS.
    Thank you

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

HI

Do the Event logs tell us something more?

Were you ever running some other Cassini based web application on the machine in question. There is possibly some old Cassini component causing this. Try installing http://www.ultidev.com/download/RegisterAndDownload.aspx?ProductID=1d88ebae-587f-4e04-8ae8-0b2e98dcdae5 and then reinstall 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Montclairguy

This bug just hit me as well. The solution is to clear out the windows event logs. Apparently, Cassini has some bug when the windows event logs get too large. There was some discussion about it on the product's home site.

Navigate to Event Viewer, through Administrative Tools->Computer Management. Clear out the logs, and Cassini will now start.

This problem will also result in "An error occurred in an IVR session." when calling the PBX, after it had been working perfectly. That's how I discovered Cassini wasn't running. Getting it running will also rectify that issue.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Thank you for your update, it will surely help others who have run into the same issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I have the same bug on Windows 2008 Server x64. On Windows XP x32 it works normally. On Windows 7 x32 it also works normally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.