Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot Transfer Calls

Discussion in 'Windows' started by KeithSandow, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithSandow

I am running free version 6.0.727.0 client with the free version (6.1.0) 3CX system.

There are only 5 extensions and these are all visible from all clients. However, I cannot transfer calls (either internal or external) between extensions.

I have followed the procedure in the manual for both blind and attended transfers and neither seem to work.

I can put a call on hold (or click line 2) and speak to the extension that I want to transfer to but cannot get the incoming call (which is holding on line 1) to connect. Furthermore, if I simply double click on the extension that I wish to transfer to, it will not ring. This is the same on all clients.

As far as I can see both blind and attended transfers are available in the free version.

Any ideas would be gratefuly received.

Thank you.

Keith

2. KeithSandow

Hi Matt

I am running free version 6.0.727.0 client with the free version (6.1.0) 3CX system.

Yes it does work if I do as you suggest but this is only a blind transfer - better than nothing!

However, attended transfer does not work. The person making the transfer can talk to the intended transferree on the other extension but when they press transfer and line 1 (per the manual/guidance notes) the caller does not get put through - they seem to be simply kept holding.

Thanks.

Keith

3. KeithSandow

Hi Matt

Sorry not to have got back to you earlier.

I have tried the attended transfer as you suggested but it does not work. I can speak to the intended transferee on line 2 (with incoming caller holding on line 1) but after then pressing Transfer and then Line 1, the incoming caller does not seem to get picked up from Line 1 by the transferee.

I guess we'll have to stick with blind transfers for the time being!

Unless I'm missing something really obvious..............

4. KeithSandow

Thanks Matt.

You may be right - at least the blind transfer works. In due course we might go for the full version in any case.

Thank you for your help.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.