• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot Transfer to Outside Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT Support Guys

Reaction score
I have 2 Vonage Softphone accounts, and what I'm trying to do is have a prompt which will then transfer calls to my cell phone.
I've setup the Receptionist and this works fine. I setup a second extension that is set to forward all calls to my cell. I'm getting the following error:

12:44:30.799 CallTarget::create [CM005002] Target (1310XXXXXXX) for 'Forward All Calls' is not valid!
12:44:30.759 CallTarget::create [CM105002] Destination is overwritten by Forward all rule for Ext.101 to Number:1310XXXXXXX

All outbound calls use Vonage Line #2 while incoming use Vonage Line #1.

Am I missing something here? If the target is not valid does this mean I'm dialing incorrectly?

IT Support Guys said:
I have 2 Vonage Softphone accounts, and what I'm trying to do is have a prompt which will then transfer calls to my cell phone.
I've setup the Receptionist and this works fine. I setup a second extension that is set to forward all calls to my cell. I'm getting the following error:

12:44:30.799 CallTarget::create [CM005002] Target (1310XXXXXXX) for 'Forward All Calls' is not valid!
12:44:30.759 CallTarget::create [CM105002] Destination is overwritten by Forward all rule for Ext.101 to Number:1310XXXXXXX

Am I missing something here? If the target is not valid does this mean I'm dialing incorrectly?

You have to obey your outbound call rules on "Forward All Calls."
For example, this sample scenario
Incoming Call on VOIP line--> Extension 101
Extension 101 rings for 15 seconds
After 15 seconds, it is set to forward to Extension 201
-->Extension 201
--> "Forward All Calls" Enabled
Now, you have to dial back OUT your other Vonage line 2. Thus, you need to prefix that "Forward All Calls" rule with the proper outbound rule, thus:
9-1-310-xxx-xxxx
Or whatever your outbound call rule is, if not 9.
That's why you're getting that error. Your dial-out string is too long to be a local extension, but doesn't adhere to your dial-out rules, and thus the system doesn't know where to send it.

Ryandc said:
IT Support Guys said:

You have to obey your outbound call rules on "Forward All Calls."
For example, this sample scenario
Incoming Call on VOIP line--> Extension 101
Extension 101 rings for 15 seconds
After 15 seconds, it is set to forward to Extension 201
-->Extension 201
--> "Forward All Calls" Enabled
Now, you have to dial back OUT your other Vonage line 2. Thus, you need to prefix that "Forward All Calls" rule with the proper outbound rule, thus:
9-1-310-xxx-xxxx
Or whatever your outbound call rule is, if not 9.
That's why you're getting that error. Your dial-out string is too long to be a local extension, but doesn't adhere to your dial-out rules, and thus the system doesn't know where to send it.

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit confused however. Your scenario is basically exactly how I have it setup yet it gives me that same error.

Extension 101 is set to forward all calls to an outside number: 9-1-310-xxx-xxxx

Outbound Rule:
Calls to numbers starting with: 9
Calls from extensions: 100-1000
Voip Provider: VonageOutbound
Transform mask: r

I'm at a lost here, you mention my dial out string is too long to be a local extension, however I've set it as an outside number, and not an extension. Shouldn't the system know the difference?

Also, if I'm dialing a 9 first, shouldn't it adhere to the outbound rule I created above?

Thanks,

anyone?

*bump*

IT Support Guys said:
The outboundrule looks ok.
You can try to force outbound calls on line 2 by disallow outgoing calls on line 1.
You do this in line management settings.

Provider line 1, direction inbound only
Provider line 2, direction outbound only
Here you can specify number of channels your outbound line can use.

still confused

i'm wondering if what I'm trying to do is even possible?

I'd like to get this guy up and running properly before investing in the paid version.

1 XP workstation as 3cx server
1 WRV200 router / firewall with all needed ports open
2 Vonage softphone lines (1 incoming and 1 outgoing)

Call comes in, auto attendant picks up, transfers calls to my cell phone.

The inbound line is already set to inbound only.
The outbound line is already set to outbound only.

The call comes in just fine, auto attendant picks up, then attempts to transfer.
Transfer fails everytime. No matter how many things I try to tweak, I cannot get an outbound call to go thru.

Help?

No answers?

I'm guessing it's not possible? I've seen no attempts to resolve my issue (as simple as it seems) and I have no idea how to proceed.

The machine I dedicated towards this project has now been reformatted and I'm going to try a different solution instead. (i won't mention any names: *)

What's the point in paying for something if the simplest setup is a nightmare to implement and there's no support to back it up?

IT Support Guys said:
Outbound Rule:
Calls to numbers starting with: 9
Calls from extensions: 100-1000
Voip Provider: VonageOutbound
Transform mask: r

I'm at a lost here, you mention my dial out string is too long to be a local extension, however I've set it as an outside number, and not an extension. Shouldn't the system know the difference?

Also, if I'm dialing a 9 first, shouldn't it adhere to the outbound rule I created above?

Thanks,

Make underlined field blank, if i'm not mistaken V3 has a problem with it.

Hi.

A more basic solution could be to just put the outbound line on the top of list in outbound rule.
In those cases where both lines have the same rule it prefers to use the rule on top disregarding if allowed in or outbound calls on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.