• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Cannot update default system prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

polp6880

Reaction score
Hi,

We want to change a system prompt, specifically, the PLSHOLD one with an empty audio file so practically, when a call is transferred from IVR to Queue, the caller doesn't get this prompt but we are not successful.

From the System Prompts page in Settings, I copied the default system prompts, and was able to find the PLSHOLD item in the list but when I hit browse and select the new empty.wav file, nothing happens. On the list, the file name is still please_hold.wav. I am sure the empty.wav file i'm uploading is based on 3CX specs (8khz, mono, 16 bit) and I also restarted the system IVR service (as I saw someone recommending this on another forum post here) but nothing helped.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our system is running on v15.5.5.

Thanks!

Hello @polp6880,

Restart all your services not only the IVR service in order for your configuration to come into effect.

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response. I just restarted all services but the filename next to PLSHOLD is still please_hold.wav. I retried doing the whole process as well (browsing for empty.wav and restarting all services) but it just won't change.

Could it be there are limitations on my account perhaps? I'm not sure what's happening as the system is returning no errors.

Actually, it seems that the file name does not change in the view but the settings have been applied as the prompts is now off.

Many thanks for your kind assistance. Wish you a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.