Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot use number pad for attendant prompts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garland, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garland

I'm sorry ahead of time if this was covered but I searched and couldn't find it. I have been testing 3cx and currently using the 11 beta, and i cannot dial any numbers while on a phone with an autoattendant. (ie, you call timewaner cable, I can't hit 2 for support)

I'm new to the VOIP world but have learned allot setting up my first system. I'm not sure if it was an option I over looked but It's kinda driving me nuts. Is there anyone who would know this answer or option I should be looking at.

Thanks!
    Steven

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of outgoing trunk(s) are you using? If it;s a gateway they check to be sure that the DTMF method that the phone is using matches that of the gateway. Gateway will (in most cases) regenerate the DTMF from SIP messages sent from the set (digits dialled after a connection).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.