Can't access 3CX after install

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by prs, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prs

prs

Just installed 3CX on windows Server 2003 Standard x64. 1. Services seem to all be started; 2 irv Webserver is installed and started; 3 program files are installed; 4 start menu links are there BUT when I try to access the Management Console from the Start Menu "Management Console" link ( http://localhost/management ) all I get is "The Web Page cannot be found"...??? I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't help.

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE...???

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

If you already had IIS installed and configured for some other application it is possible that IIS is listenign only on an IP not on localhost.

Try to replace localhost with the IP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. toddwilner

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. I have just upgraded to v7 and cannot login to the management console. I have tried
    localhost
    127.0.0.1 (checked this was the ip)
    192.168.1.210 (which is the ip of the computer 3CX is running on)

I have also tried the following ports 5480, 5481, 5482

I have unistalled and reinstalled without AV and Firewall but still nothing.

I am running XP pro SP3

Any help is appreciated

4. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Are you using the commercial edition of 3CX? If so can you please open a support ticket, as we are unable to reproduce the situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. toddwilner

Hi,

I am using the free version. I have now unistalled and used the alternative installation (not IIS) and everything is up and running. BTW this is great software well done.

Cheers

6. prs

prs

IIS running and working properly on port 80. Ivr (3CX server) was also listed in the console as running and listening on port 5484. Tried accessing by IP and Port number without success. Too much of an adventure to resolve and way too much time already wasted...can't install = can't evaluate = won't buy. Solved problem by purchasing Digium Asterisk all-in-one unit instead.

7. Henk

Henk Member

That is just silly,

All you need to do is:

- Make sure IIS default page is running
    - Have ASP.net service running and make sure that files with aspx are allowed

The address context is:
    http://[serverip]:[defaultwebport]/management

So for example: http://192.168.0.11:81/management

Replace the "old" 5481 with [defaultwebport]/management and you are on your way.

H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.