Solved Can't Access 3CX Cloud phone. FQDN was changed.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alldayrr, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alldayrr

I received this email and now see that my FQDN is pointing to the wrong IP. How can fix this and point it back to the correct IP? How could this happen? Now I can't access my original 3CX instance.

HTTPS Certificate was successfully renewed

This eMail was send from an 3CX SMTP Relay Service. If you suspect the service has been used unlawfully and been used outside the scop of delivering 3CX Phone System related e-mails file an abuse report here: https://www.3cx.com/smtpabuse

#1 Alldayrr, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. Blakovisk

As far as i know the FQDN is updated every 6 hours or so. Are you using Google Cloud with a dynamic IP or something like this? You can access the server using the IP and fix it manually on the dashboard, but even if it updates the FQDN immediatelly theres still the DNS propagation delay.

3. Alldayrr

Yes I am using google cloud. I had it set as static IP in the 3CX management console. Do i need to set as dynamic in the console or just set a static IP for my google cloud instance to avoid this issue in future.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If your IP is dynamic then you need to set the option in the PBX as Dynamic. If the option is set to static and the IP changes the PBX will not update the DNS record for the FQDN.
    To have the FQDN pointing to the correct IP you need to set the option to Dynamic and restart all services. Then you need to wait for the DNS to update. This could take up to 6 hours.
    Also make sure that you have only one installation with the same licence key and FQDN to avoid future issues.
    The email you received is a normal email indicating that your certificate has been renewed.

5. Alldayrr

Thanks all for your help! After digging, I found out that I had two installations with the same FQDN. I initially installed with 3CX hosting on google cloud and then later installed it under my own cloud account. So the installs were conflicting. I didn't realize I had to uninstall the initial 3cx install.

6. Blakovisk

I have the same scenario but the free google couldnt didn't gave me problems yet. Couldn't find a way to cancel it yet, any advices?

Best regards

7. Alldayrr

Since we don't have access to the 3CX google cloud instance, you will have to ask 3CX to uninstall for you. I didn't experience this conflict until 2 months after install so not sure why it just occurred now.

8. Blakovisk

Thanks mate. May i ask how did you contact them direcly? info@3cx.com? I dont have a support license yet.

9. Alldayrr

I had to get the support to find this out. But i think YiannisH_3CX should be able to help you now that we know the issue.

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@Alldayrr

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved and thank you for the update.

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@Blakovisk

Please check your inbox as i have sent you a p.m. with what we will need in order to be able to delete your instance.

12. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Locking the thread as issue has been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.