Can't add/edit extensions using version 8.0.10824

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vsefcik, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vsefcik

I upgraded to version 8.0.10824.716 (Small Business Edition) about one week ago. Today was the first day I've tried to add or edit an extension and every time I click the OK button to apply the changes I get a Windows pop-up stating "An exception occurred EditExtension Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." This happens in both the Windows console version of the Management Console and in the web version of the console. I can edit Ring Groups and Queues with no problems. Call origination and termination works fine. I just can't add/edit Extensions. There are no entries in any of the 3CX logs after I click the OK button, and no entries in the Windows Event Logs. I restarted the server running 3CX and the problem persists. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Thanks.

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, could you click: Add new extension and check if there are any abnormalities in the extension's credentials / SIP ID's / Passwords?

Also go to start > run > services.msc > 3CX Database Server and restart it. Close Winforms and try again.

Also a Question.
    Are you connecting remotely to the PBX System with a browser? Have you done any modifications to the database connection settings so you can make personalized reports? Any other clients connected to the 3CX database?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just an update to this.

This can happen if your Restore process goes wrong or if there was an error while you were restoring your old Backup.
    Could you post your 3CxBackupAndRestore.log which is located in: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vsefcik

Thanks for the suggestions. Here's replies to each of your questions:

Hi, could you click: Add new extension and check if there are any abnormalities in the extension's credentials / SIP ID's / Passwords?

Everything looks fine, except when I click either OK or APPLY, then the error popup shows.

Also go to start > run > services.msc > 3CX Database Server and restart it. Close Winforms and try again.

I closed the Winform, restarted the service (which restarted all of the 3CX services), restarted the Winform and still get the error when I click on OK or Apply. I did notice one thing: I can't create a new extension. However, if I edit an existing extension (for example, if I toggle Enable Voice Mail on/off) and click Apply, I get the error popup but, if I reload the extension data, the change is shown.

Also a Question.
    Are you connecting remotely to the PBX System with a browser? Have you done any modifications to the database connection settings so you can make personalized reports? Any other clients connected to the 3CX database?

I'm running 3CX on a virtual machine (Windows Server 2003, running under Microsoft Virtual Server 2003 R2) and I connect to it using Remote Desktop, not a web browser. There is no one else connected to the database.

This can happen if your Restore process goes wrong or if there was an error while you were restoring your old Backup.
    Could you post your 3CxBackupAndRestore.log which is located in: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs

For the upgrade, I did an export, uninstalled 3CX, installed the new version of 3CX and then imported the database. This was all done on February 1. The log is attached. I had to ZIP the file because of its size.

Attached Files:

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    is it possible to send me all the logs, this is important so I can check much more in detail about your issue. You need to first go to Settings > Advance and select Verbose.
    Apply / Ok.
    Then go to Help > Generate Support Info and send it to my personal email - mb@3cx.com
    Thanks

6. vsefcik

I sent the file to your personal e-mail address. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks for looking into this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.