• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcrice

Reaction score
I'm trying to backup in version 10 in preparation for an install of v11.

But - I can't backup. I launch the backup / restore tool. The backup button is greyed out and I can't select a directory for the backup to go into.

Any ideas on what I can do to actually run a backup?

You need to press "Browse..." button and choose location and name of the "backup" file

Regards

Thanks.

This is very non-obvious, and as far as I can see not documented.

It looks like you are selecting a directory to have the backup tool use for the backup. Never occurred to me I needed to manually create the name for the backup file. There is no help function for the backup / restore tool. Nor does the v10 manual mention this.

Perhaps some clue for the user that you have to supply the file name. I though I was just selecting the directory, and expected the backup restore tool to automatically create a file name.

You could add a note inside the backup / restore tool alongside where you choose the directory.

In any event, thanks for clearing that up.

Robert

When we've been using "tools" for a long time, it's hard to see their use through the eyes of a novice, and how, what we see as familiar, isn't, to the new user.

I've always wondered why a set file name (user set), appended with the date and time, couldn't be created automatically for each backup. It could then be altered, if needed, just before the file was written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.