Can't call between bridges

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by emerald1, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emerald1

Hello!

I've got four separate 3CX pbx machines installed at four different locations for the same customer. They have a S2S VPN that links them all together that has explicit rules to allow all traffic.The four 3CX units are linked in a mesh style with bridges between each one. Those bridges say they are working with the beautiful green circle indicating they are registered. They are passing presence information correctly back and forth for all users.

The issue we have is when you try to call a remote branch the call does not go through. The calling PBX gives us an error message that the remote PBX responds with a 404: User not found message. When I look at the logs of the called PBX nothing shows up indicating the PBX gets the call. I have tried disabling the Windows firewall on the called PBX and I get no result.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Well you don't mention if this ever worked or if this is your first time setting it up. Assume you just set this up, the problem sounds like you haven't created any outbound rules to send the calls over the bridge. Not sure why you would thing it is a firewall issue. If it was a firewall issue where the SIP traffic never reached the destination you would get a 408 Timeout. 404: User not found indicates a response, thus not a firewall issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. emerald1

First time setup. I have the rules setup on the calling PBX, not the called PBX. Maybe that's it?

4. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. emerald1

I set them up with no prefixes since each remote had unique extensions.

Is this wrong? This is my first install with bridges.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the receiving PBX Activity log to see (confirm) what digits are being received. Are they a valid extension number? How you set-up your dial-plan is up to you (access digit or not), but you must be sending digits that are recognized by the far end PBX.

Sorry, just re-read and see you did this...

In that case, what does the log from the sending PBX look like? The outbound rules probably require further review.

7. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.