Can't call from hardware SIP phones but can RX.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aubichon, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aubichon

Hello Everyone, I am new to 3CX but not new to SIP.

I just set up a simple system in my house. I have 5 Aastra 57i phones. They all register to 3CX and I can call them all and have a conversation from a 3CX softphone.

But when I try and call out from any of these hardware phones (with the two digit extensions) I get fast busy and "Call Failed" on the screen.

I am sure I just missed something simple, what's up?

-Rod :mrgreen:

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

You don't mention if calling out means calling from one of the 57i's to another, or external to the system. If external to the system, I would check your outbound rules. If you manually provisioned the phones, it could be the default dial plan on the phone itself. Logs would help to troubleshoot further.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aubichon

Yes Sorry. Just internal at this point. The Aastra phones can't call to another phone but can receive calls. The 3CX phones work perfect.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Will need a log of a failed call. It could be a number of things. Did you provision the phones with 3CX or manually? Were the phones new and have you checked to see if the firmware is appropriate? Some of the earlier Aastra product was made for the Microsoft Response Point System which has since been discontinued and Aastra released a firmware update to make those phones SIP compatible. This is probably not a likely scenario, but threw it out there to be certain. Again, a log of a failed call would likely prove beneficial. You mmight also try the echo test *77 or dial directly into a IVR/DR and see what response you get as there are system extensions.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Sounds like the same thing as the last one.
    Settings:Advanced:Settings for Direct SIP Calls:Local SIP domain.. mismatch.

Even when the handset is REGISTERed, the INVITE ends up failing from the handset to the PBX because of a mismatch there, regardless of the checkbox above (wish they'd move this textbox..).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.