Can't call sip account external number inside network

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brookl, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brookl

Hi There,

We have 3CX software installed on our HQ server, which has correct SIP details in HQ VoiP Provider.
    Calls go in and out no problem.

We also have other offices, connected via VPN, and they also have a Voip Provider set up for each location.
    Calls in and out of these offices work fine.

The problem we are having is when one of the offices tries to call the external number of HQ, the outgoing call will ring the office (group) making the call, it rings back.

I'm pretty new to this so not sure where to start, I assume it's probably something simple though I can't see anything in the outgoing settings anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Brook

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I think the best way to overcome this is a loopback provider - use 127.0.0.1 as the IP Address. In Port Details - tell the call to forward to outside number and enter who should get he call on the other end. (ie: If you dial 24000 to get receptionist at other building, enter that here).
    Now under outbound rules, enter a rule that all calls to a particular number goto the Loopback provider to handle the call.Ensure this rule is above the rule that is currently processing the call to the main office.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may need to provide a bit more information about the configuration, and perhaps (more importantly) a 3CX server log of one of calls that is the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.