Can't change receptionist prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JVH, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JVH

    JVH

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is strange.
    I had originally created a voicemail prompt StrVoicemail.wav and selected it in the menu.
    This worked fine.
    An employee left and I needed to remove him from the menu.
    I recorded a new copy of StrVoicemail.wav.
    I selected it in the menu I applied it and then played it. It plays correctly
    I dial in and it plays the old prompt.
    I tried this several times.
    I did a search on StrVoicemail on the sytem and deleted all other copies found.
    I went into the menu and selected a completely different prompt StrLocation.wav, applied, played ok.
    Dialed in and it played the StrLocation prompt.
    I went back to the menu and replaced the prompt with the StrVoicemail, applied, played ok.
    Dialed in and I get the old (Wrong) Strvoicemail prompt again.
    ???
    Insert "Twilight Zone Music"
    Where could it be getting the old wave file from?

    3CXPhoneSystem 8.0.10708.0
     
  2. leejor

    leejor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    10,375
    Likes Received:
    231
    Very odd, especially if you've done a search and delete on the system. Have you tried a reboot of the PC? A search for all (*.wav) files, just to see what else comes up?
     
  3. t4mack

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2010
    Messages:
    56
    Likes Received:
    0
    The Irv is located in c:\documents and setting\all users\application data\3cx\data\IRV. this is in windows xp and windows 2003. i don't know what version of windows your running this on. But check ther if you haven't already. Place your Irv there and then try calling.
     
  4. JVH

    JVH

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,
    I actually did put all the prompt wave files in that directory once I located it.
    But it was still acting like it had a cache somewhere.

    However rebooting the sytem corrected the issue.

    I wonder if it was in the internet explorer temp files under a coded name. Since the interface is web based.

    John
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.