Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't change receptionist prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JVH, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JVH

JVH

This is strange.
    I had originally created a voicemail prompt StrVoicemail.wav and selected it in the menu.
    This worked fine.
    An employee left and I needed to remove him from the menu.
    I recorded a new copy of StrVoicemail.wav.
    I selected it in the menu I applied it and then played it. It plays correctly
    I dial in and it plays the old prompt.
    I tried this several times.
    I did a search on StrVoicemail on the sytem and deleted all other copies found.
    I went into the menu and selected a completely different prompt StrLocation.wav, applied, played ok.
    Dialed in and it played the StrLocation prompt.
    I went back to the menu and replaced the prompt with the StrVoicemail, applied, played ok.
    Dialed in and I get the old (Wrong) Strvoicemail prompt again.
    ???
    Insert "Twilight Zone Music"
    Where could it be getting the old wave file from?

3CXPhoneSystem 8.0.10708.0

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Very odd, especially if you've done a search and delete on the system. Have you tried a reboot of the PC? A search for all (*.wav) files, just to see what else comes up?

3. t4mack

The Irv is located in c:\documents and setting\all users\application data\3cx\data\IRV. this is in windows xp and windows 2003. i don't know what version of windows your running this on. But check ther if you haven't already. Place your Irv there and then try calling.

4. JVH

JVH

Hi,
    I actually did put all the prompt wave files in that directory once I located it.
    But it was still acting like it had a cache somewhere.

However rebooting the sytem corrected the issue.

I wonder if it was in the internet explorer temp files under a coded name. Since the interface is web based.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.