Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't configure custom smtp on OVH - Entreprise licence

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pitrickzul, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitrickzul

Hey guys,

We just bought an enterprise licence and im running on from OVH.

I can't set-up my custom SMTP server, it gives me a timeout error on port 25 and a very long error when i activate SSL:

MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpCommandException: 5.7.1 Mail from 66.70.186.206 has been blocked by Trend Micro Email Reputation Service. Please see https://ers.trendmicro.com/reputations to get detailed information. at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.OnRecipientNotAccepted(MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress mailbox, SmtpResponse response) at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.ProcessRcptToResponse(MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress mailbox, SmtpResponse response) at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.d__58.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.d__99.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.d__99.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Send(FormatOptions options, MimeMessage message, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress) at GenericUtilsNet.Mail.Send(AlternateView calendarData) Response:

I went in my openstack server and added the rules for port 25 and 465 on egress but it's not working. I know my SMTP info is correct, its the same on my on premise config and it's working there.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 jimbo59, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  3. pitrickzul

so what can i do? I mean it's an address given to me when i created my hosted environment on OVH. I guess just contact ovh customer support then?

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Yes, contact ovh and explained the situation - your IP is blacklisted. They should be able to give you another one.

Do you have a fixed IP address ?, if so you will have to update it within 3CX - Settings -> Network Settings

You may have to access the 3CX via http\\ip:5000 instead of https://fqdn:5002 until you can update the 3CX setttings

#4 Saqqara, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  5. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Shared hosting is a pain. Sometimes you can pay extra for a static IP address but many times even that will have scars. Gmail may be the way to go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. pitrickzul

yeah it's a static IP, never had this issue before. will lookout for this in the future

7. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

If they issued you a static IP ask them for a clean one and have them check it at mxtoolbox link I put above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.