Can't configure Patton SN4916/JO/RUI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Shark8000, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark8000

Hi All,
    Does anyone have any instruction on how to setup an SN4916/JS to work with 3CX v15.5?
    Thanks

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Shark8000,

This is an un-supported gateway with 3CX as you are most likely aware:
    https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

If you want to get this working easily with 3CX you will need to have a custom template for the device.

I have one for the very similar SN43xx range of FXS channelbanks for v15.5 of 3CX which you can adapt. PM me if you want this (I have a full guide written also).

The configuration for the channel bank devices are not much different from the standard "supported" models once you have this template (other than you have more extensions) :
    https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112-fxs/

In short you will need to configure the extensions on 3CX that you require to be used as your FXS devices first.

The custom template needs to be placed here within the server folder:
    Windows: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\fxs
    Linux: var\lib\3cxpbx\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\fxs

Once the template has been included in the correct folder it should now appear as an option in 3CX under the FXS/DECT section (Patton). A reboot maybe required for this to show.

You can then add these extensions under the FXS/DECT section in 3CX and load the provisioning link into the Patton.

As it is a channel bank the device should require a high density RJ21 cable also - have you got one of these ?

#2 eddv123, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  3. Shark8000

Hi. Thank you for your reply.

Yes I already have the RJ21 cable connected to the patton and all the analog lines are connected to it. The patton was already up and running but on an older version V11 and now we just upgraded to V15.5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.