can't connect to the database server - have run services.msc

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hagesol, Sep 7, 2007.

1. hagesol

can't connect to the database server - internal error

I installed the 3cx pbx, after reboot I got this message when I log into the management consol:

3CX Phone System internal error.
    Can't connect to the database server

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] server closed the connection unexpectedly
    This probably means the server terminated abnormally
    before or while processing the request.
    #0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(37): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'XXX', 'XXX')
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(86): CallContext->getConnection()
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(66): CallContext->safeExec('select DN.IDDN ...', Array, 'Cannot get Exte...')
    #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(90): fExtension->getData()
    #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()
    #5 {main}

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone out there that can help me? I use Vista 32bit, Earlier I used Xp sp2. Also there I got the same message after reboot.

Lars

2. hagesol

i have tried to run services.msc

i have tried to run the services.msc in RUN, and then tried to start 3cx phone system. Then I got this message:

It's don't working to start 3cx phone system on locol computer
    0X80004005 undefined

the rest of the services for 3cx is running,,,

any out there that can help me?

3. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Please try to fully uninstall 3CX at your machine. You must make sure that all 3CX services and the installation directory are gone.

Then restart your machine and re-install 3CX by userid with administrator right.

4. BendyMetal

...Log on as a service

Make sure the phonesystem__3CX__ user account has "log on as a service" rights. Run secpol.msc (in win xp/server 2003; not sure about vista)
    This tripped me up for ages.

5. agnetman

Can't connect to database server

I've got excatly the same problem. I've logged on as administrator and installed the 3CX application, but I can't connect to the database server or start the database server service. The account to start the service has log on as service rights. The administrator has full rights, access, security permissions etc to the installation directory.

I've tried uninstalling and removing any folders, sub-folders and files, restarting and reinstalling, same problem. I've even created a virtual machine running Win2003 and installed 3CX, same problem.

Has anyone successfully solved this problem or have they just given up and tried something else instead?

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

What OS is this? It shouldn't matter too much but are these clean installs of the OS?

What service is it that doesn't start? Can you post the event log with ID so we can check it out.

I've installed this on XP, Vista, Server 2003, SBS2003 all without any issues. Only issue I've had is if there is an existing install of apache web server on there.

7. agnetman

This is a Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server SP2, clean install.

There are no other instance of Apache server running.

The only event is from the Apache service event ID 3299

"The Apache service named reported the following error:
    >>> Apache.exe: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.16.101.20 for ServerName"

Still cannot start the 3CX database server service, error 5: access denied.

Application installed while logged on as administrator.

Thanks

8. hayesmd

I'm having the same problem...

I'm getting "Access is denied" on the database service as well. All other services are up and running just fine. I'm running Windows 2003 SP2.

I've tried:
    *a complete reinstall

*giving the phonesystem account 'FULL CONTROL' of the entire directory

*making the phonesystem account part of 'Administrators' group.
    - With this one the service told me it started then stopped

Any other suggestions for us to get the service up and running. I do have SQL Server 2000 and SQL 2005 express both running on this machine as well with no glitches.

9. BendyMetal

Again, this is the error i got when the account that is being used to start the db service does not have log on as a service rights. Postgre SQL also cannot be started using an account that has admin rights on the server. So, the phonesystem__3cx__ account must not be privileged (ie not an admin) but have the "log on as a service" right.

10. hayesmd

/SOLVED

The 3CX_PhoneSystem account was not added to the 'Users' group on the local machine.

Once added to the group and verified that the account could log in as a service via the method posted above I was able to start the service.

Thanks for the help BendyMetal.

11. BendyMetal

nps. happy to help. :lol: